Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out this morning with my pops and a friend, ended up with 6 (2 Drake Mallards, 1 BW & 1 GW teal, Widgeon, and a Black) Lots of birds flying early, heard a lot of shooting. Pretty good morning all together.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yep, it'll be packed and all the birds will be educated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The only reason there was alot of birds in the air early and lots of shooting is it's Wednesday and they are hunting the managed unit today. Tomorrow the managed unit will be a refuge until Sunday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was out there yesterday, seen a lot of double and triples flying high but nothing really on the water till after shooting time.. like always. :banghead:

Sent from my Torque using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
615 Posts
OP must enjoy playing laser tag and having an abundance of other parties around him while hunting. Learning the hard way....

Loose lips sink ships!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
319 Posts
Went out this morning with my pops and a friend, ended up with 6 (2 Drake Mallards, 1 BW & 1 GW teal, Widgeon, and a Black) Lots of birds flying early, heard a lot of shooting. Pretty good morning all together.
We have been hunting the area hard parking lot is full everyday. Very little birds flying. What birds are there have been educated and stay in the refuge. Where you out all day? Almost every day we have people setup 100 yards away right at shooting time.

The pt is a mess. Few birds, too much pressure, no hunter etiquette.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have been hunting the area hard parking lot is full everyday. Very little birds flying. What birds are there have been educated and stay in the refuge. Where you out all day? Almost every day we have people setup 100 yards away right at shooting time.

The pt is a mess. Few birds, too much pressure, no hunter etiquette.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
We were in the bingo hunt this morning.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The good and bad thing about the bingo at the Pte. is that they only draw like 10 zones.

Most of the time I've done it, my odds were 3 to 1 or worse especially on Sunday mornings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts