Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the boss let me fish Sunday after 5 so I went out to 18 feet of water and caught 16 fish (kept my 5) 3 fish over 6 lbs (according to my scale) and 6 fish that were to small and the rest between 15 and 19 inchs. Fished with crawlers and 1 oz weights25 to 30 back!!!!

Good Luck
Mark

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Excellent ! Kinda odd you caught the throwbacks, keepers, and the bigger fish all together like that. Or were they sort of grouped together in schools so-to-speak ?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sounds like they might have picked up in the afternoon then. In the other post I hear 21lbs. won the tournament. You almost had that those three. Wish I could've gotten out of my duties and got out on the water. Good job!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was covering about a 2 mile area per drift, and yes just out of the blue a bigger fish would hit!! Can't explain just happens, out on the bay you never know what will be at the end of the line. Scott give me a yell I think I will be out Sat. and Sunday as long as the swells are under 4 feet!!!

Mark

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Reel Fishn said:
I was covering about a 2 mile area per drift, and yes just out of the blue a bigger fish would hit!! Can't explain just happens, out on the bay you never know what will be at the end of the line. Scott give me a yell I think I will be out Sat. and Sunday as long as the swells are under 4 feet!!!

Mark
Mark, I'm fishing a tournament on Sunday out to Holloway so i'll be there this weekend. I'll be heading to Manistee Memorial weekend for a tournament then i'll be hitting the Bay unless I can sneak away through the week...LOL!! I'll give you a call if i do!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts