Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went down to check the ramp that I use to get my tractor down to the creek bottom ground. I hoped I could get some habitat projects started this weekend. Well the ramp is pretty much clean but when I looked down I saw this..

Just my luck, most of the snow is gone but the flooded woods and the ice to follow will probably be here to spring.:(

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Nice duck habitat though.:evil:

Big T

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, is there any corn left on those stalks? Looks like corn?

Yes that is/was corn and still some ears on it. The squirrels have been it mostly. My 13 year old and myself have gotten around 20 of them over the past 2 weeks.

Went down just now and everything is frozen up with about 1 1/2" ice. The water level has gone down and the ice is now hanging in places 18" above the ground. Unless we get another thaw (but that means the water will come up again) very little work will get done now.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
1/2 acre of corn? What kind of deer numbers do you have? I want to try corn again next year but I would guess our numbers now are about 40 deer per square mile. Neighbors usually have around 50+ acres of corn so maybe I could get away with 2-3 acres to last into gun season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts