Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started using my field camera and have already came up with some interesting pics of deer, and other critters. Let's see yours and if there is a story, post it!

Since moving back home I put my camera behind my house to see if I could get some deer in action. Ended up getting some! I was a little surprize I got so much action for where I live. I live basically right in the center of a major city but have probably 3-5 acres of woods behind my house butting up to a farmers field. Then we have a little bit of property butting up against the farmer field. Early this morning I got a picture of the farmer running his tractor investigating my bucket full of dead fish, lol. I just put the camera back out but will post the photo tomarrow before I take off for the summer.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I think I've posted all of these before, but here goes again. I'm sure a new member or two may peek in and take a look. Enjoy.

1. Coon smoking a carrot.
2. Some of the fattest coons on earth.
3. Goofy looking bear with cool white chest stripes.
4. Two small bucks sparring.
5. Extreme bear close-up.
6. Moose - always a novel photo.
7. Skunk and coon into my bear bait.
8. Crane and deer facing off.
9. Wolves, need I say more?

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Here are some of my faves from the past few years, Enjoy;

1. Bobcat
2. Possum on Ice
3. Coyote
4. Buck at daybreak
5. Velvet Buck
6. Buck at the Buffet
7. Coons & Porkys
8. Bear
9. Doe & Fawn
10. Turkey

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Munsterlndr,
Great pics!

You've got two things I hope to someday capture (bobcat & turkey) and one thing I hope to never capture (opossum).

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
I'm still hoping to get a red fox, it's one of the few local critters I have not gotten a pic of yet.

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those are some great looking pics. I've had my camera out for a while but haven't been back to check it. Hope to go turkey hunting next week. I'd like to have the assortment of critters you got!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Got these from a friends camera

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
They are wolves. A couple cows died so he put them out of the pasture in the woods.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I have 3 cams out. I put them out around April 14 (I think), I pulled the cards May 5. Here are some of the better/more interesting pics.

Turkeys first.
You need to know that I have not seen a turkey on my property for about 5 years. Never got a turkey pic before this.

This pic has me a little confused. Is the front bird a turkey or something else? Seems to have a lot of white on it.

I have a sandy spot that the birds are using to dust themselves.
This is a nice action shot.

I think this is after a dusting.

These are with his buddy.

Nice deer pic

Coyotes

Bear

Too many pics for one post. See following for the best one yet.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Here is my favorite pic of all time. It also happens to be the first "critter" pic off my new Cuddeback.

This pick has me really confused. The tree that the cam is mounted too, has no low branches. There is no brush nearby that would have any leaves or any such thing to wave in front of the cam. The only thing I can come up with is that it is a tuft of hair hanging off a Big Foot!:yikes: :lol:

Hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do.:D

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
That's exactly what that is...a tuft of hair off big foot! I got three pics just like that and then him flipping off the cam from about 20 yards. Maybe there's a mating pair out there still. I thought I took care of all of them!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts