Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a S A .270 before next fall. Nothing to speceal just a gun that is affordable and gets the job done. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
That new Remington 750 is a sweet looking rifle. The carbine model is slicker yet... They don't make the carbine in 270 though.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Get a pump, they just work better, and I recommend and older Remmy 760 or 7600. :D

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Well, you have a whopping two choices!!! An Expensive Browning BAR (about $900) or moderately priced Remington 750. (about $650 orless) Take you're pic! I prefer the Remington for the way it feels and handles, but the new BARS are pretty nice as well.....no longer 8-9 pound boat anchors like they used to be. If you expand your caliber interests, you can include the Benelli R1.....about $1500 or the Winchester SXR (UGLY!) for about $1000.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
That new Remington 750 is a sweet looking rifle. The carbine model is slicker yet... They don't make the carbine in 270 though.

A decent gunsmith can chop the barrel and recrown though for not a lot of money if one truly wanted it though! Those 750's are nice...want one in .35 Whelen!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Jays had one used for a month or so. Almost went home with me several times.....

Hads - I'd steer clear of used semis too.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jays had one used for a month or so. Almost went home with me several times.....

Hads - I'd steer clear of used semis too.
No worries Im going new! I was looking at the Rem 750 last night online. Looks like a nice gun. I may take a look and see what Jays in Gaylord has over the Thanksgiving weekend.

MSRP on the gun is $750-$850 tho. Thats a bit high for me. Anyone know where I can get one for a better price like $550-$600?

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
No worries Im going new! I was looking at the Rem 750 last night online. Looks like a nice gun. I may take a look and see what Jays in Gaylord has over the Thanksgiving weekend.

MSRP on the gun is $750-$850 tho. Thats a bit high for me. Anyone know where I can get one for a better price like $550-$600?
Try Williams' Gun Sight Company in Davison. They have alot of used guns and have a list on their website.

·
Registered
314 Posts
LISTING # 976712331

Remington 750 WoodsMaster CARBINE 35 Whelen 18.5"
1 available
SELLER NAME Harris Sporting
(No feedback Yet View)
SELLER STOCK # 7079
CATEGORY Remington Rifles - Modern
CONDITION NIB.

Price: $679.00

Factory New & unfired Remington MODEL 750 WOODSMASTER CARBINE semi-auto rifle in .35 WHELEN cal. Checkered American walnut stock/FA is satin finished. Blued carbon steel low-profile receiver & 18 1/2" bbl w/ iron sights is ideal + its drilled/tapped for mounts. Designed for quick follow-up shots & fast target acquisition due to soft-recoiling, improved gas system. Nice R3 pad. Quick release, 4-shot mag. Box/papers. Factory warranty. Please see all terms. Thanks! 7.25 lbs. 1:16 twist. LOP = 13.5". L = 39 1/8". # 27079.

Have one to sell? Sell Now ! Sell it yourself, ship it yourself, or use a GA Drop Location!

Shipping Terms:
Actual Cost

Shipping Costs: See Description
Return Policy: No Returns
Payment Options:
Trades:
Considered

Price: $679.00

Name: Harris Sporting
(No feedback Yet View)
Joined On: Jun. 2001
State: MO
User Level: Gold Seller

Phone Number: 314-574-8400
FFL Dealer: FFL Dealer

All Items from Harris Sporting

Line.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I buy all my guns at Guns Galore in Fenton. Cheap! Don't let the MSRP fool you, they're a lot lower than that.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I wouldn't buy another semi-auto. Inherited one in 308.. accuracy is lame, they jam.. I wouldn't buy another one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts