Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just picked 1 up at the local store for 279.00 with scope. they had it in 30-06, 243, 270. I opted for the 30-06 because it will be a good all around caliber and easy to find ammo for. anybody have any experience with this gun. im looking for a good base line for what brand of ammo, with a good starting point for what grain to try. what are some of the ammo to stay away from. this will be a deer gun, and where i normally hunt, there would be no shot more than 150yds.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the black stock on mine(plastic??) i did research before my purchase, i was looking for a budget gun that also performs. many of the forums on the net had topics about the gun, but no one said what they were shooting for brand and bullit size. figured maybe some of you guys has info on a good cartridge. im clueless when it comes to box ammo.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I only ask because I am in the market for something...in that size. Google ammo or other trigger words. You will find sites that you click the caliber and they provide makers and suggested retail prices...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts