Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dumped a bunch more pics on my blog, i would link directly here but they are just eating tons of bandwidth so here's a teaser, rest are on the link in my signature.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Whatta beauty...Damn nice bird Kid. Blog looks great too. You guys have had a great trip.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tonight was crazy night. we seen about 100 mallards sitting on the edge of a bean field (pothole flooded up to edge of beans) so we kicked them out and setup. Expected to shoot these mallards. We got absolutely overrun with hooded mergansers, gaddies and wigeon. We probably seen over a 1000 hooded mergies tonight. Actually seen a full flock of about 40 hoods buzz dave at about 5 feet off the cattails. Took me a bit to find a nice drake. Never seen so many hooded mergs...was just kinda weird.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Mallards are just starting to show up in huge #'s north of you in Sask. Dont know how long your out there but they're coming.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Mallards are just starting to show up in huge #'s north of you in Sask. Dont know how long your out there but they're coming.
I live and hunt in central alberta.. were polluted with mallards and pintails right now.. and with the weather forcast they arent going anywhere for a couple weeks!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Keep the pics and vids coming, Dan...they're awesome!:coolgleam

Are you guys just walking up the phez or just taking a few as you come across them?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I was out in Anchor Bay in 1992, and it was Hoody migration day. Wave after wave, hundreds of birds in each wave. It went on for 2 hours.
I shot my 1(limit at the time) and watched the show.

Never seen it since.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep the pics and vids coming, Dan...they're awesome!:coolgleam

Are you guys just walking up the phez or just taking a few as you come across them?
drive by. if we see one cross the road...check for posting signs...if no posting we proceed with flushing and shooting. Pheasant are way way thinner here this year than last. 90% of the crop is still up and they had some massive storms back in the spring and during nesting season. They pretty much saying they lost half their pheasants in 1 year.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Thats a bummer about the phez. Hopefully winter isnt too ugly out there and really puts em in the cellar.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
drive by. if we see one cross the road...check for posting signs...if no posting we proceed with flushing and shooting. Pheasant are way way thinner here this year than last. 90% of the crop is still up and they had some massive storms back in the spring and during nesting season. They pretty much saying they lost half their pheasants in 1 year.
Yeah but....those of us that actually spent time hunting them in the field there instead of road hunting :lol: saw a ton of hens, and enough roosters to know that there are still a lot. Our farmers are guessing 30% less this year. But I'd LOVE to be there when the corn comes down...limits in a couple hours, I guarantee it.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Dan
You got some fine eating with that meganser now all ya need is some Golden eye to go with it.
Dan, all ya need is plenty of tatar sauce ta go with that thing and you'll be just fine. ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts