Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This camera site had lot of buck activity. Any of the pictures with snow in them were taken after our gun season was over and have a very good chance to be around next year.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Great Pics......Mack

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great Pics what camera do you use??

·
Registered
576 Posts
You had that cam in the same spot last year didnt you? I love that spot the area looks awesome! Nice pics

·
Premium Member
7,575 Posts
Easy to see why they like traveling that area. Very nice shots Tom.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Love those pics - I think i ask last year but can you describe how high up your camera is? and a little about the setup. Thanks

Oh, and didn't you have the pics of the small buck w the arrow in it last winter? Any update? Do you know if he made it?

Bob Urban

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love those pics - I think i ask last year but can you describe how high up your camera is? and a little about the setup. Thanks

Oh, and didn't you have the pics of the small buck w the arrow in it last winter? Any update? Do you know if he made it?

Bob Urban
The camera is about 6 feet high in tree. Right where the tree is the ground drops off about 3 to 4 feet into the high grass. This makes the pictures look like the camera is a lot higher. I still can access the camera from the ground. The reason for mounting the camera high was to get above the grass and to eliminate false triggers from the grass moving in the wind. After early January I never got another picture of the Buck with the arrow in it. My guess with the injury and the severe winter we had that he became food for the Yotes.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Tom, I love hunting spots like that and back in my bowhunting days had a couple that looked very similar on state land here in Manistee County.

Where in NE WI are you? My wife grew up in Birch Creek just north of Menominee, MI.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Great pics Tom. I remember that spot quite well last year. That run has the look of a nice deer freeway. Looks like you may have some fun next year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts