Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was asked to get a group of people together for a video shoot on LSC Perch through the ice. We had tried to do the shoot 2 weeks ago but the wind was 30 MPH and it was postponed until today. We were out on the ice in Anchor Bay at 7am and stayed out til around 2pm until Jenny Olsen had enough footage and fished herself a little. Jenny got some AWESOME footage and that's about all I am gonna say because you all will see it two weeks from today on MOOD. If the air date changes I will let everyone know.
I want to give a BIG thanks to the guys that were out there with me today that helped make it all happen.

Ice Fishing Nut and his buddy Jim (Treeman I believe) THANKS A BUNCH! You guys stayed on top of the action the past month when I couldn't get out everyday to prefish and JIM YOU ARE THE MAN! Wait till you see Jim and his set-up and footage on tv!

To all the rest of you guys...MSUICEMAN, KBKROUSE, WALLEYE MIKE and His buddy Keith I believe; Stelmon and my friends Jason (Woodzman) Jared, Dave thanks for all your hard work moving around and finding fish to make the catch a sucess and to cover my Butt! I haven't been SKUNKED in awhile but when I do it's always during an important event!!!!... and a BIG thanks to my father for bringing out our Snowmobiles and his Quad for the transportation. Thanks Dad

Lastly thank you Ken Martin for trusting me to set all this up and get awesome footage! Thanks also to your buddy Craig for his help in catching perch and for letting Jenny Film his little Buddy;) And thank you Jenny Oslen for a very enjoyable day on the Ice!

I hope I didn't miss anyone, it's been a LONG DAY and even a longer few weeks trying to make sure this went as AWESOME as it did!

Stelmon took some pics and will post some soon!:cool:

Here are 2 pics from yesterday...we prefished for about 2 hours then had to move a permanant shanty then I had to go to work...

IFN and I believe his 1st ever speared Pike

Jason (Woodzman) and IFN with out 2 hour catch yesterday

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot...I LOST my GPS out there on Anchor Bay off of the Fair Haven Area. I have all my waypoints saved on my computer so I didn't loose all my Waypoints at least but if anyone has found or finds a GPS on Anchor Bay please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will describe it. THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Glad to hear it all went well,,how about a time and station?
Oh-yea one more thing,,,you lost your GPS,,,man that just stinks of irony,,,If I hear of one turning up I will let you know

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's Supposed to air Thursday Feb 19th at 9:30pm and there is a repeat on saturday the 21st around 11am...here is a channel guide:

Showtimes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Station Listings Day and Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University Center
WDCQ Ch. 19
Thursday 8 p.m. Saturday 1 p.m.

Traverse City
W46AD
Thursday 8:30 p.m. Saturday 12:30 p.m.

Toledo, OH
WGTE Ch. 30
Saturday noon

Mount Pleasant
WCMU Ch. 14

Marquette
WNMU Ch. 13
Thursday 9:30 p.m. Saturday 6 p.m.

Manistee
WCMW Ch. 21

Leeland
W69AV

Kalamazoo
WGVK Ch. 52
Thursday 9 p.m. Saturday 4:30 p.m.

Grand Rapids
WGVU Ch. 35
Thursday 8:30 p.m. Saturday 4:30 p.m.

Flint
WFUM Ch. 28
Thursday 9 p.m. Saturday 6 p.m.

Elkhart/South Bend, IN
WNIT Ch. 34
Saturday. 7 a.m.

East Lansing
WKAR Ch. 23

Thursday 8:30 & 11:30 p.m. Saturday 4 p.m.

Detroit
WTVS Ch. 56
Thursday 9:30 p.m. Friday 2:30 a.m. Saturday 11 a.m.

Cadillac
WCMV Ch. 27

Bowling Green, OH WBGU Ch. 27
Saturday 7:30 a.m.

Bad Axe
WDCP. Ch. 35
Thursday 8 p.m. Saturday 1 p.m.

Alpena
WCML Ch. 6

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Did you get Jenny's number??? Thats the most important thing you know!:D :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Northern _ Outdoorsman, we need to put together a soft water perch and muskie shoot in the fall, let me know;) I think I can put you on some fish:D Nice job on the bay shoot........

·
Registered
435 Posts
I can't wait to see it!!!
Sounds as if you all had a very memorable day out there.
Thanks for showing the folks at MOOD the ropes on LSC.

-LB :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
i think the number he's talkin about is 867-5309, good job guys i'm looking forward to watching that show!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,756 Posts
Howdy, Don-

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see you guys on TV......

Please tell me you guys were all displaying your Michigan-Sportsman.com gear prominently.....:D

·
Banned
1,819 Posts
Great job N_O , we were supposed to do a walleye show with them guy's last winter on the saginaw bay, but things didn't work out. Glad to hear you guy's got some fish. The people at MOOD are great .

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey N_O sound like you guys had a great time! I met a few of the MOOD crew a few years back - great bunch of people!

Looking forward to watching your trip! Please post a reminder when the date gets close!:D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'll mark it on my calendar! WTG you guy's!

:cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I cant wait to see the show. Had a great day and it was good to hang out with you guys and Jenny.

Thanks to Ken for setting this up and N_O for coordinating all the details.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
had a great time, lots of laughs, even a few fish mixed in. I agree, thanks to Don Sr., Don Jr., Ken, Jenny, and everyone else involved. One of my more enjoyable trips of the year because of the company involved if nothing else.

steve

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also for anyone one wants to see how the 18 Volt Cordless Drill with a 8 inch Lazer auger cuts through the ice Jenny filmed me drilling my holes with it and explaining what it was...the 18 Volt cuts through pretty well. I keep the batteries in a cooler with 2 pop bottles full of HOT Tap water. If the batteries get cold you don't get as many holes out of them. I get about 24 holes per battery with my 8" Lazer 18 Volt DeWalt IF I keep the batteries warm and the ice was about 14 inches thick...you will also get to see how the disc keeps the auger from falling through the hole:eek:

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by GOTCHA
Northern _ Outdoorsman, we need to put together a soft water perch and muskie shoot in the fall, let me know;) I think I can put you on some fish:D Nice job on the bay shoot........
I got the fall perch covered...we're pro's now remember we took 2nd in the HPYC Fall Perch Tourney:p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts