Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a few pictures before the camera died. Hot hunting today. I kind of miss the wet cold weather we have had here the past few weeks. The dogs are testing me quite a bit this week with Tecumseh chasing flushed birds across the horizon and breaking his points prematurely. Looks like I will have to shut them both down for a few days and do some more yard work.

Here is a picture of Tecumseh. I don't think his eyes can open any further than they are. I'd say he really looks happy out here.

Piqua with a goofy little expression. Notice the broken side mirror on the truck? That was from a young rooster who decided to kill himself and cost me $150.

Piqua with a decent sized sharptail.

Picture of some of the terrain I hunted today. Piqua is down to the right of the bushes.

Good luck to everyone who is hunting tomorrow. Oh, to everyone who may think I am breaking the law by leaning the gun against the truck... it is perfectly legal here in Montana. What else is cool is that you don't need to unload the gun or case it up while hunting. Just one more of the things that are really different out here compared to Michigan.:)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Looks nice out there, you have twisted my arm, next year is my year to head to Montana!! I am looking at the SE part of the state and have heard some good things about this season. The guy I am meeting up with in SoDak was out in MT for a week and said hunting was great and land access was spectacular. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Oh, to everyone who may think I am breaking the law by leaning the gun against the truck... it is perfectly legal here in Montana. What else is cool is that you don't need to unload the gun or case it up while hunting. Just one more of the things that are really different out here compared to Michigan.:)
Say what? You mean to tell me I can't keep rounds in my shotgun while I'm hunting here in Michigan? I'm serious, is that really the case? And what's wrong with propping your gun against your car? Sounds like this Washington State boy has some things to learn. Holy crap.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Awesome photos, nice terrain. I've got to find my way out there someday...:16suspect

What portion of the state are you in, Tec?
BTW, is that a Beratta Teknys against the tire?

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the NE corner of the state. About 60 miles west of the Nodak border and a little more than 60 miles south of the Saskatchewan border.

Yes, that is what is leaning against the tire. It is different shooting an auto instead of an O/U but I have been shooting it pretty good so I won't complain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts