Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught this monster just above the convergence while testing for gators. He almost broke my net getting him in! a beautiful day on the river with about 2 mph wind. Like glass. About 20 sheepshead, one channel cat, two 13" walleyes and this hunk of muscle that dragged my 14' Lund around. Sure gave my 6 pound test a workout but she held with a lot of playing!:bowdown:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,635 Posts
Nice catch! That reminds me of back in the eighties when my wife caught a sow carp, while trolling for walleye, in the Sebewaing walleye tournament. She caught it on a hot-n-tot and it took her about forty five minutes to land. Her fish was just over fifty lbs. I have often wished we would have submitted it for a Master Anger!

·
Premium Member
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice catch! That reminds me of back in the eighties when my wife caught a sow carp, while trolling for walleye, in the Sebewaing walleye tournament. She caught it on a hot-n-tot and it took her about forty five minutes to land. Her fish was just over fifty lbs. I have often wished we would have submitted it for a Master Anger!
I am pretty sure this one did not go 50 pounds but was probably close to 25 - 30. Did not to weight it but I should have. He sure straightened out the hook on my jig. Sure knew how to pull my boat around though before giving up.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts