Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I realize that this is not a deer cam picture, but I was not sure where else to post this. This past week my wife, mother and I took my 11 year old nephew to Cleveland to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. On the return trip to Michigan, Mom thought my nephew would like to go to a drive thru zoo with african animals. My nephew is on his annual trip from Colorado to visit. Well little did we know that this "zoo" had more North American animals than African, but what the heck. When my wife took these pictures I knew I had to post them on Michigan-Sportsman.com. Kind of I ronic, but my nephew has see more Elk in Colorado than we will ever see in Michigan and he got bored. But I was as excited. Last time I was this close to an elk was in '04 when I was field dressing one in Colorado and this big guy was bigger than anything I had seen on the mountain in Colorado. Enjoy, the pics.

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
Pretty friendly guy I would say. :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that besides the $16.95 per person that they charge to drive thru their zoo, they also charge $4.00 for a 1 lb bag of carrots and $6 for 2lbs. They also give you 1 large cup of a pellitized feed so you can feed their animals as you drive thru. As you can imagine, the animals swarm you car if you have any food to give them. There were elk, fallow and sika deer along with bison, and a few exotic cows or oxen. Some of the african animals were a couple different species of antelope, a couple of giraffes and zebras.
I remember going to this place as a kid 30 years ago and they actually had lions and many more african predator animals. I figure liability insurance cost must prohibit them from still having the predator animals anymore.
I just noticed that you can see the tip of a carrot sticking out of his mouth in the top photo.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Interesting place, I was there about 7-8 years ago with my sis & nieces. They almost wet their pants when a giraffe licked my sister's head. I have NEVER seen a tongue that long in my life! A bison tried to knock the side mirror off my truck trying to push his buddy away to get at the feed.
I'm not sure who got more fun out of it...the kids or me. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts