Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I live in Daytona Beach and have been fishing alot the past year. I am from Monroe. Going up in Aug. for a few weeks. Can anyone tell me what's biting then and where is a good place to go. I will be fishing from shore. Thanks alot. Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
I moved this in here since you will probably get a better response. Welcome to the site and hope you find some fish.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try fishing in the early morning or late evening at Bolles Harbor. You could get into anything, variety of baits (artifical and live) will work.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I normally fish out towards West Sister Island which is about 13 miles east from Bolles Harbor during that part of the summer. The walleye have a tendency to go out to deeper water in August. You can still catch them up closer but you really have to work for them. Good luck!!:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
West sister Island..i remember that name, can you tell me how to get there? Do you need a boat? Nice to hear from you guys up there in good ol' Monroe. I lived there for 38 years. I know it well. Will be nice to get up there and do some real fishing. I haven't fished up there since i was a boy, and not that i'm really into fishing here in Florida the past year, it's a great hobbie to get into again, but now it's serious! I catch some big ones down here...redfish 27 inches, a few Snook, a few Groupers (had one that was 29 inches), and some Sheepshead, which are NOT the same as up there. These a great eating.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
PERCH , By August the perch fishing should be starting up ,try area's around the Ohio shipping channal . Perch in most years can be found in August . Walleyes in most years in August are found in deeper waters , last year in Augest we did have a pretty good walleye fishery in breast bay though .

You might bump this thread back up closer to when your going to be up here , for a updated fishing report .

LARRY

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
If you have a GPS, here is the coordinance to West Sister Island ****(N 41 44.20 W 83 06.60)****. It is located on Ohio waters east of bolles harbor about 13-15 miles out. It's kind of a long trip and expensive with gas but well worth it. Just watch the weather forecast!!! That is where the charters go that time of year. You will not be able to see the fleet of boats until your about 11 or 12 miles out, but then they'll pop up in front of you and there will be sometimes a couple of hundred boats fleeted together. Awesome fishing there that time of year. Most cast with erie deries hooked with a night crawler. Fish for them eye's like bass. Awesome fun and a good fight too!! I cast and wait about 25 seconds for the lure to hit bottom and then start jerkin' realing. Have fun!!:p

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I will be fishing from shore.
This would eliminate W. Sister, Ohio water, and the Shipping Channel.

Maybe someone here will offer you up a ride..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts