Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit the river in B.C with a buddy today. Started at the mouth, current was strong and only caught shorts. Decided to move to a different access around lunchtime and instantly started catching more fish. Had to leave by 5:30 and ended up with six keepers in the bucket. (15.5 to 22"). Most fish caught on a glow fireball jig and clown rap worked real low and slow 25fow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nice job jimbo!!! Did u fish all day or just the evening.thinking about trying the mid day bite tomorrow.got the day off so what the heck

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job jimbo!!! Did u fish all day or just the evening.thinking about trying the mid day bite tomorrow.got the day off so what the heck

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Started at 7:30. Didn't get into many fish until 11:30. The were biting good for about two hours and then again from 4:00-5:15pm.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice report.....glad someone caught some keepers. It sounds like I need to head further north for some keepers. Started in Saginaw (wickspark) after an hour or so with no fish I headed up to 6th street. Managed 12-15 shorts and twice that many missed.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Good job on the keepers. A buddy and I fished south of the Z bridge and caught probably 100 shorts all day. It was ridiculous. There were times we couldn't even get the bait to the bottom before we already had a fish on or biting our minnows. I guess this brings up the old point do you leave to find fish when you already have fish below you? This was my buddy's second time fishing walleye so he was having a blast. I ended up staying because I knew he would have tons of fun and I have done good in the past at this location with keepers at night after a morning full of shorts. No keepers all day. You think out of 100 fish we could at least get into 2-3 nice ones.

Also, curious as to what people use for stingers? I don't really like using them, but we had to yesterday. I just tied a little 3 inch piece of 6lb flouro onto my treble hook of the jiggin rap with a tiny little treble hook that I use for specs. It worked well but I wonder how this would handle on a bigger fish.

·
Registered
442 Posts
We couldn't keep the shorts off the hook south of the z bridge yesterday . Not one single legal fish but we smashed on shorts till dark ! They were all over the buckshot spoon

·
Registered
749 Posts
jmaddog8807 - I found this video on Youtube, and it's how to make your own stinger hooks real easy.
I have made my own for years, but this little rig makes it easier. You can also buy them in 2" or 3", but this is a whole lot cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts