Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be hitting the launch at Patterson Rd. around 6:00 am today. Hope the weather stays as predicted, should be a beauty out there. Here Wally, Wally, Wally, I've got something for you !!! :evilsmile :lol: :fish2:

Anyone out there I'll be on 68 or 72. Whale.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's raining here and a little cool, last Thursday the fish were really bitin, got my limit in about 15 minutes, one was 40lbs the other 50lbs. Those two fish filled my freezer, about 40lbs of meat. Walleye fishing is alot more challenging than Halibut fishing, the boat of 12 fisherman limited out in about two hours. Biggest was 93lbs, big darn fish.

At this point I should mention that I'm in Alaska right now and the fish were Halibut. :lol:

Sorry Jeff, I couldn't help razzin ya, sure wish you lots of luck out on the bay.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hey Whale we heard ya call for MS'ers on the radio but were busy and forgot to get back. We got on the water about 8:30 and were headed in by 11:30 with our two-man limit. Fished 18 fow trollin' cranks.

Here's a pic of Daddy Duck with the fish.

·
Super Moderator
6,920 Posts
well i hope you got out at patterson. we where 4 boats to late to launch there so we ended up launching down by indy bridge. long ride out to the bay in the no wake but it was a great ride back in. plenty of eye candy to pass the time.;) fished out over the dumping grounds and pulled a 3 man limit by 1:30. me, joe r. and my son. biggest was 26" with the average about 17"-19" with a bonus 10" perch. everything came on meat. heres a crappy cell phone pic of my son and the fish.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Bill's right that picture doesn't do those fish justice. That is one of the better limits I've caught in awhile. All the big fish came from one 700' long line. Only a couple of the smaller fish were caught in that area. We also caught a number of sheep today. I didn't put a tape to the one, but if I had to guess it was pushing 24". Talk about a fight. There was also about a 4 lb. cat thrown in the mix to keep it interesting. All in all a great day on the water.

Joe

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nice job guys. Looks like enough for the turkey fryer. We caught 30 over two days this week end. Two 3 man limits in two trips off Sebewing. Lots of small fish with a few nice ones thrown in. Didn't seem to matter if you ran tots or meat, they were hitting both. I hope the water temps jump, so it pushes them towards the outer bay, so I don't have to run as far.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir, the launch was nuts, they were turning them away big time just behind me. Everyone wanting out with all the good conditions coming together like it did. (weather, fishing, holiday etc.) A great day for sure. A quick limit for myself from around the dumping ground area, my biggest was a fat 23"er. :) Several culled shorties with a couple of massive sheephead and just one cat. Cat was a beast though, thing had to be pushing 8lbs. or so, quite a fighter, trying to roll all the line up as they usually do. :lol:

Did do a bonehead manuever out there, bent my trolling plate up. Yeah, you guessed it, fired up and took off, wondered why it felt like she was struggling for a minute until the plate bent itself up and the boat took off. That'll teach me to forget to raise the plate first. Dang. :rant:

Beautiful day, sunburnt, hardly any wind at all. Clean water, excellent fish, no foreign bodies in 'em when I cleaned them. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts