Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't shoot any deer last year. I let countless bucks walk, waiting for something larger. This year I also let a few walk, including some really nice bucks.

But on Sunday afternoon, 2 deer came running toward me. The first one looked to be a decent buck, so I shot him and he went down on the spot. After the shot I immediately noticed that the second deer had stopped and was sniffing the downed buck. It was then that I realized the second deer was a larger buck than the first one (body-wise). So I dropped him too.

There is something about a fast-moving buck that gets my adrenaline pumping. Lots of meat this year I guess.

The first buck is the one on the right in the picture.

I guided for my dad on Monday and Tuesday since I had filled both my buck tags. Had a crazy experience on Tuesday that I will post separately.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Damn! What are the odds of that happening! Nice job, lots of good eating there!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
The smile on your face says it all! Great job!

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
It is always best to take out them gay deer as quick as you can anyway!
Seriously though - Congrats on what must have been the hunt of a lifetime!
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
your sacrifice has been rewarded....;)......now go kill some does......:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Cool. You have to take advantage of opportunity when it comes.

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
That's a pair to make 2! Congrats! Are you bringing them to the buck pole at the VFW in Mason Saturday?

Big T

·
Registered
293 Posts
sounds excellent but for some reason I dont see any pics here...???

·
Registered
293 Posts
ok nevermind as soon as I posted the pics were there... ecxellent job and definitely a cool experience

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice job on the double. I've been lucky enough to pull off a couple of doubles but never two bucks at once. That is truely a story for life, your kids will tell that one even after your no longer hunting.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's a pair to make 2! Congrats! Are you bringing them to the buck pole at the VFW in Mason Saturday?

Big T
Only if I can bring roasts and steaks. Seriously, though, I actually already have them in the freezer. I have been eating venison ham for two days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts