Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched the debate over Mojo's for several years. It seems to me that the results should be in on the ban at SRSGA and should show a pretty decent increase in geese and ducks killed per hunter hour. Does anyone have the data. I can have my thoughts on a subject and so can anyone else but the final decisions should be made on the actual data. This is like a test score there is an answer, just wondering what it is.

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
I have watched the debate over Mojo's for several years. It seems to me that the results should be in on the ban at SRSGA and should show a pretty decent increase in geese and ducks killed per hunter hour. Does anyone have the data. I can have my thoughts on a subject and so can anyone else but the final decisions should be made on the actual data. This is like a test score there is an answer, just wondering what it is.
email barb, she has the data.

i personally thought they missed the mark with the 1st year questions. the second year the questions were much better. Both seasons were lackluster which diluted the results. again this is just my opinion as i'm sure everyone will think differently.

if i remember right on the first year it was like 49% to 51% or less as far as methods favored. not sure about year 2 results yet.

1 fact that will show outright is amount of geese killed. our season woulda sucked last year if we did not have geese to tie us over. it was full stringers of geese everytime i touched hte water at shiawassee last year. that is not the norm.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
...It seems to me that the results should be in on the ban at SRSGA and should show a pretty decent increase in geese and ducks killed per hunter hour...
The results are in, and Barb Avers of the DNR has presented them to various groups, including the CWAC in March. The results do not indicate an increase in ducks killed, however that was not the reason for the ban being proposed in the first place. I would suggest you look at the other open thread titled "Mojo Ban", especially posts #37 (by Shiawassee Kid) and #40 (by yours truly), which explain the reason the SFCHA proposed the ban, and why the DNR is claiming the ban has been successful, regardless of duck kill numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts