Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you suggesting it be a sticky in specific forums? See erie and st Clair forums as examples of existing.
The Saginaw Bay folks are asking for it. Either a sticky in all fishing sub-sections, or one master sticky are two options.

At the moment the info is posted in a couple of sub-sections and isn't serving the needs of those who are looking for the information.

·
41,311 Posts
The Saginaw Bay folks are asking for it. Either a sticky in all fishing sub-sections, or one master sticky are two options.

At the moment the info is posted in a couple of sub-sections and isn't serving the needs of those who are looking for the information.
Yes it is they just dont want the extra click. Probably worth the sticky though.

·
41,311 Posts
I put one in the sag bay forum. The only water bodies I see benefiting from such imagery are sag bay, st Clair and erie. I was hesitant because we have a lot of stickies now.

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
I just clicked on the sticky. From what I could figure out by the Time list for current time and time of the last picture it is around 20 hours old for Lake Michigan. Not much good as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I put one in the sag bay forum. The only water bodies I see benefiting from such imagery are sag bay, st Clair and erie. I was hesitant because we have a lot of stickies now.
I use it all the time for southern Lake Michigan. Really helpful to get an idea of water clarity and how far out you might have to go to get to clear water. Especially after a good west or north blow

Of course, I know how to get to the site and don't need a sticky, but just food for thought. It's certainly useful for just about any great lakes angler

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks sureshot. It benefits all Great Lakes boaters and anglers.

Ice cover is as important as water clarity , which these images show.

·
41,311 Posts
I just clicked on the sticky. From what I could figure out by the Time list for current time and time of the last picture it is around 20 hours old for Lake Michigan. Not much good as far as I am concerned.
Well yeah, it takes pictures in the afternoon. It is definitely useful unless you think the conditions will significantly worsen or improve within 24 hours. You've got to think about what was along with the weather since then. It is a tremendous help for the SE MI area in particular.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts