Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How cool is this! Just watched this video last nite. An 88yr old man still using a bow. Pretty darn accurate too.

http://www.drawloc.com/

Wow, just watched it again and that old man is using a 90lb bow too boot!

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Been around for years now.
Illegal to use in most states though.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Is it legal here with a permit? Thought it was.
Yes if you get an application filled out and then signed by an Doc. or Therapist. Pretty much like the crossbow thing. For the general public no! Disabled yes. OLD NO only if you meet with the Doc and tell/show them your old and weak then maybe the doc will sign it but in ACTUALITY the form says you must be disabled...... Anyway something else were currently looking into for my dad.

Can't get the video to work???????????????????????

Skinner

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes if you get an application filled out and then signed by an Doc. or Therapist. Pretty much like the crossbow thing. For the general public no! Disabled yes. OLD NO only if you meet with the Doc and tell/show them your old and weak then maybe the doc will sign it but in ACTUALITY the form says you must be disabled...... Anyway something else were currently looking into for my dad.

Can't get the video to work???????????????????????

Skinner
Click on magnum at the top, and it should pop up. Click the play button, maybe if you have pop up blocker on you can't view it.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Soggy I tried that. It just may be my antique computer. I will try later.

Here is the application requirements for this device. Fresh from the DNR site.

Modified Bow Permit Criteria;
A permanenty disabled person who has full use of only 1 upper extremity and is unable to hold, aim, and shoot conventional archery equipment.
This permit authorizes the person to take game during the open season....with a bow that has been modified so the bow may be held, aimed and shot with 1 upper extremity....as long as said person hold a valid license.

I don't really think my dad wants to cut and arm off to be able to use this devise.

Sure glad this is being made so easy for the elderly to obtain! Least I have been told it is now easier. What did it take before loss of two arms?????????? The bottom of said page states revised date 09/04/2008???? Did I miss something in the last week????????

Will a kind person from the MBH please explain how they helped make this easier????????? My dad could really use some help here. I said please!

Edit yup saw the video oops guy used two hands. Not allowed in Michigan! Cool device though!

Skinner

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
My friend uses one and like it better than his crossbow. He has it down to a scence.
Since your friend uses these I take he has the permits for hunting. Will you please talk with him and see whom his Doctor is and where he is located. Perhaps he will be will to help my dad out?

Thanks

Skinner

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since your friend uses these I take he has the permits for hunting. Will you please talk with him and see whom his Doctor is and where he is located. Perhaps he will be will to help my dad out?

Thanks

Skinner

I see you are in SE Michigan. Let me speak with my fiance' when she gets home and see if I can help, she is a Chiropratic Doctor. No promises, but see what I can do Skinner.:)

SBB

·
Registered
898 Posts

Thanks

Skinner
I called Mike and told him you would be calling, he's expecting your call.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Terry thanks. I called him tonight and he was helpfull!:)

again thanks.

Showed my dad the video. Seems something he is willing to check into. Seems to like the idea better then the crossbow. Still has the label disability issue to get through.

Any word yet soggy and thanks for trying.

Skinner

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Skinner,

Talked with her, she said she is not familiar with it and I explained some of it to her. She said she want to look at it and get back with you. She had some questions that I could not answer, so I will post soon as I know. Keep your chin up.:)

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Soggy thank you again for this help. I spoke with the DNR this morning and yes a Chiropratic Doctor can sign the permit. It's staes so in the deffination form. We just do see it.

Again thanks for teh offer for but and this is a great but. the DNR approved my dad for this.

I'm starting another thred on it!

Skinner

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, very happy for you and your Dad. Good to see it all work out like it is supposed to!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts