Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey layout hunters,

I just picked up an MLB one man boat which had been used 5 times. The boat is solid as a rock and looks nearly new. However, there is not any back support board.

Seems to me that I saw a thread about a homemade back support system someone made to improve the comfort and functionality of the vessel. My search didn't come up with anything.

Can someone help me out with something that would save me the R&D.

Appreciate the help.

John

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought the seat back option for my classic.U can buy it.However u could make it.Your making a piece of wood board that mounts to the top ,,,where your head goes.With a angle going towards the floor in the cockpit.The board basically rest on the top ...Making it removable.I made a head pad for mine.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
you may be thinking about the photos I posted up in the winter of the backrest in my puddler boat. Someone asked about it, so I posted pictures, but I've since deleted them. Probably wouldn't help you with an MLB anyway.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
I bought the seat back option for my classic.U can buy it.However u could make it.Your making a piece of wood board that mounts to the top ,,,where your head goes.With a angle going towards the floor in the cockpit.The board basically rest on the top ...Making it removable.I made a head pad for mine.
I'd be curious how the LBLB removable back rest would work in the MLB classic. Probably would be much more comfortable than a board.

http://lblayoutboats.com/home/boat_upgrades

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome guys, thank you.

Went to an estimate and consult for a lawn and got to talking ducks. Next thing I know I'm driving away with a layout boat.

Must have been the heat (and the price;)).

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Leave the backboard right on out of the Classic. You can get down lower in the boat taking further advantage of the low profile.

Plus, for whatever reason, you may find your field of view increased because of the lower positioning.

That said, you may want to put some foam pipe insulation behind your head on the edge of the cockpit so your head doesn't get sore from rolling around on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts