Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Do you guys have any experiance at this shop? I just picked up a new bow that needs the goodies and a set up.
I live nearby so I thought I would seek some feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You will get folks who know what they are doing and a set up second to nobody. You will also get some attitude and arrogance, especially if you did not buy your bow from them, or a brand of bow they don't carry in their shop. You will pay a little more for the accessories but they will set up your bow nicely.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
:yeahthat:
The customer service part is the worst I have ever seen. Appearent friends can walk right up after others have waited for an hour, bad attitudes and price for the same service will change everytime you go back. Good techs but not good enough for my money anymore...never again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I drive out to Waterford, Port Huron or Caro. I live ten minutes from mjc. If that tells you anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont forget pro fishing archery center by you on jefferson 1-1/2blk s of crocker 2 great techs dave barthalamu and bill vandecar

·
Super Moderator
37,501 Posts
I have lived within 2 miles of MJC for years and never knew they were there. Wonder what that means?
I'll have to make a stop in there soon to see whats up.:)

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
You will get folks who know what they are doing and a set up second to nobody. You will also get some attitude and arrogance, especially if you did not buy your bow from them, or a brand of bow they don't carry in their shop. You will pay a little more for the accessories but they will set up your bow nicely.
That has been my experience, I know it isn't a tremendous endorsement. Unlike some of the earlier posts- I would recommend them. I am looking for quality work and had to use them because my bow guy is no longer in business...I will buy from them in the future.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:coolgleam I stopped in the 15 Mile shop this fall to have a youth bow set up. I bought some accessories, then was told that there was nobody there that could set it up. They said the only guy that could help me would be in the next week, or I could go to their Royal Oak shop. I went to Royal Oak and the guy there spent a great deal of time setting things up, and making sure they were right (I think he was the owner of both shops). :fish:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
:yeahthat:

I live about three miles down the road and I felt a similar feeling. The couple of times I've been there left me with the impression that they have folks that know what they were doing, but I did feel like they did not appreciate my business. There is a fine line between providing a service and serviceing. They may not know the difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i,ve used the range there twice and both times the price was different.
the first time i was there 2 hours for $6 next time 1hour for $10 but they are the only range around.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its the best and only archery shop that I will use. I shoot a bow that they dont sell but They are by far the best techs Ive dealt with.

·
Registered
646 Posts
they set up my martin with no problem even though its almost 10 years old. I have shot the junior compititions there and the staff was full of tips and advice. the bottom line is that they were worth the time and drive for me.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
I have lived within 2 miles of MJC for years and never knew they were there. Wonder what that means?
I'll have to make a stop in there soon to see whats up.:)
They only opened that location a few years ago. Maybe that head hit against the glass during whirlyball dented your memory, but MJC is right next door. ;) (unless they were'nt there yet)

Anyways, I have been using MJC for many, many years, they have never let me down and have contributed thousands of dollars to pro-hunting organizations to protect our hunting rights.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They are the ONLY pro shop that knows a Mathews bow.

They will always have my business.
You should probably do some homework prior to making comments that arent true. Ive had matthews on the line more than once. There is a whole bunch of matthews pro staff in this state, who arent rude and disrespectful!

·
Banned
2,145 Posts
I'm not going to travel around the state to find someone competent enough to work on my stuff.

That said, I've used maybe a dozen pro shops in Macomb and St. Clair counties over the years, and they are the only guys I've found that get it right. They've never given me an attitude, and every time I'm in there they always make sure their customers are shooting good before they leave the store. Most pro shops can't/wont do that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts