Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm really going to miss these days. It's going to be hard to wait 3/4 of a year for it to begin again.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Come on we still got a few weeks left. In three days I will begin a 7 day and maybe more streak of being in the grouse woods! I love this time of year!!!
Ric

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duece22 said:
Come on we still got a few weeks left. In three days I will begin a 7 day and maybe more streak of being in the grouse woods! I love this time of year!!!
Ric
I'll have to live vicariously through you guys. Ah to be young and independent again. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get out one more weekend, but depending on snow depth, the dog might get left behind.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Wow, that is a nice picture. I wonder who took that one:lol: . You are just going to have to wake me up and force me to take a day off this weekend.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Ditto, missing last fall already. Enjoy hunting in a few inches of snow but, still doesn't compare to late fall, with the smell of the fallen leaves and colors of the season. Seems like it takes forever for it to get here and then it over in the blink of an eye. Oh well. Have to just make the best of the last week of the season. Going up Christmas afternoon and staying for seven days at the cabin. Hope, the snow not to deep by then. Being that, I don't want to hunt dogless. It's not about shooting birds anymore for me, it's more about dog work. Also, nice looking doggy you have there. Brian.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments on the setter guys. He's a great grandson to Tekoa Mountain Sunrise on the sire's side. Grandson to Southwin Mike (big runner) on the Dam's side. For my first gundog, I couldn't be happier with him.

And yes, I owe a big thanks to Mike (Tec) for capturing the moment during one of our grouse hunts up at base camp #2. We were into the grouse that day.

For everyone that still has an opportunity to get out and hunt the Thunderbird, I wish you good luck, and be safe.

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts