Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost it layout hunting DR/Erie near the shipping channel last sunday.
The wind switched south and blew pretty good. We had a rough one picking up and did'nt want to die trying to relocate it.
Thanks a bunch:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have been there before. No equipment is worth going down for. We usually clip a decoy on the rope for our tender buoy. Its amazing how many birds will decoy to that single. While we are out tending. Anything happening down river?

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been there before. No equipment is worth going down for.

Yup...I knew where it was but the problem was getting there. We stuffed the bow pretty deep heading up wind fully loaded and thought:yikes:Forget it. I looked for it a few days later but she was gone. Danforth/line and Taylor made 12" bouy. Anyways...worth a try.

Downriver? It's dead around here, not even a butterball to swat at.
I glassed the river past friday and saw BIG BIG numbers working the shipping channel so...called up the crew and we were ready to just tear em up saturday morning. Fat chance...they were gone like overnight to where? God only knows. Boy did I get a bunch of crap from the crew this weekend.:16suspect We knocked off early both days cuz there was just nothing out there. Very weird diver season this year, a real vanishing act aroud here.
Take care

·
Registered
196 Posts
Which crew were you on saturday? I am assuming you were one of the ones lined up from the mouth of livingston to the point of the nana dike.

We were the first setup, south of the mouth of livingston. Ended with 6 birds. It was terrible. We hunting Thurs morn and there were thousands of birds down, and watched birds migrating to erie. Fridays wind took them all out. We hunting luna pier today and seen more birds there then downriver, but the birds were staying out on the lake and the rest wasn't interested in a layout setup.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
good thing you got back safe with all your gear except the anchor. it was pretty windy Friday. I was hunting at Harsens marsh and it was blowing from NW. South wind is not good in that area. How big did the waves get? After our season closes next sunday, I was thinking to go to Ohio water from Luna Pier and/or Canadian water from Erie metro for some diver layout shooting. Is this something worth trying? For Canada, I heard you have to be within 400 yards of shoreline. Is that correct? thanks

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup...yesterday we set up even with the north pencil light near the Liv channel in 16FOW.
I believe we saw ur rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts