Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to a new to me 2006 Lund 1800 Fisherman. The boat boat is showroom new but came with outdated electronics so I am looking to upgrade. I just sold my old boat with a Helix 7 DI no Mega but have become accustom to the unit so I want to stick with the same! So I am looking for advice from any current Helix mega users. I fish the "D" river and BB for Walters and convicts. Do I need the SI or is the DI sufficient. I am not afraid of the extra cost, but only want to by something that is beneficial to what and where i fish. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
15,175 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my question wasn't clear. Is Mega SI worth the extra 100 or so bucks? Is it a better option than DI?

Thanks again
SI isnside imaging. DI is dien imaging. Mega either is much clearer than the ild DO and SI.

If you get SI you also get DI. I use both depending on what i am doing. I use DI often when locked on a spot bass fishing or jigging vertically for.any fish. Usually I use it with a split screen showing standard sonar. Side imaging I use while cruising around looking for structure like rocks, weeds or trees.

Short answer is yes side imaging is worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.