Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bite the bullet and also get the I-pilot, and forget that co-pilot stuff. It makes life so much easier setting lines if your by yourself.
The I pilot was a big part of what caught my attention with it, as most of the time I'm out by myself. Hoping to be able to link it with my Helix 5 for more hands free operation and time to really fish...

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
The I pilot was a big part of what caught my attention with it, as most of the time I'm out by myself. Hoping to be able to link it with my Helix 5 for more hands free operation and time to really fish...
I thought the ipilot link was another 500 bucks above the regular ipilot, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm good with just the regular ipilot and my Helix it's really made things easy, actually I've forgotten how to troll with the main motor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the ipilot link was another 500 bucks above the regular ipilot, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm good with just the regular ipilot and my Helix it's really made things easy, actually I've forgotten how to troll with the main motor.
After checking into it further, according to the Minn Kota rep, my Helix 5 doesn't have the necessary software - it starts at the Helix 7 level and above. So I went ahead and got the 55 lb thrust with the I -Pilot and all I can say is WOW !! Great unit, easy to install and operate, spend a lot more time fishing... Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
13,143 Posts
After checking into it further, according to the Minn Kota rep, my Helix 5 doesn't have the necessary software - it starts at the Helix 7 level and above. So I went ahead and got the 55 lb thrust with the I -Pilot and all I can say is WOW !! Great unit, easy to install and operate, spend a lot more time fishing... Thanks for all the input.
Shhhh.,..don't tell anyone it works! LOL

·
Banned
19,364 Posts

I truly forgot how to steer using my main motor after exclusively using that Minnkota with I-pilot for a few years. It just doesn't have enough guts to troll the big lakes for salmon, but for inland walleye it can't be beat. Your catch rate will skyrocket once you really get it dialed in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.