Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:Well I dropped the electric minnkota into the drink when it slipped from my hands at the dock. It was in the water about 2 minutes or so. I took it home and used a hair dryer to dry it out but it still won't start. Is it toast or am I missing a reset or something. It's quite old and I can't find the manual. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Give it a couple days to dry. If it still doesn't work, call Minn-Kota customer service and ask them what they recommend.

You might be surprised at how helpful the customer service people are. I called Lund earlier this year with a question about my boat, and I got connected with one of their engineers. He started pulling up drawings while we were on the phone, and we talked through the questions I had. Pretty kewl.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
any thing electrical that gets wet, always let it dry throughly before attempting to run. I would of given it at least three to four days to dry.

Hope all goes well .:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. It's running now but seems to over heat so a new one maybe my next option, while keeping this one for small ponds.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I assume you took the cover apart and drained any water inside. I would stand it next to a sun lit wall on your house for a couple days. Good luck

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir on the cover and I was amazed what short time it was in the water on how much mucky stuff got into the top section. Took it all apart and put it back together and only had one part extra as usual.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap Doughboy. That sounds like something I would do, and its also why I tend to fish in waders. My personal drying time is about 30 minutes :D

Talk soon,
Rex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts