Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked out a bridge yesterday that had a bunch of deer carcasses dumped over the edge. upon closer inspection I found mink sign in the snow, so I set it with three 110 conni's. I connected on a nice buck mink this morning in a cubby baited with ground muskrat bait and fish oil. With all this snow I might turn into a lazy culvert trapper.

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
frostbite,

Congratulations!!!

I know from experience that you guys down state have all the really big mink.

I once catch a buck mink near Jackson that stretched to 36 1/4 inches! By far the biggest mink I have ever caught!

Any photos to share?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

I set a few more 110 conni's in some culverts today. a couple of them showed sign, so maybe tomorow morning will produce another one.
I think I'm gonna try a couple of your weazel boxes this week also. I see lots of tracks frozen into the dirt inside those culverts. I have lots of pictures, but every time I follow directions to upload my pics I get a message telling me the file is to large. I'm not real patient nor to knowledgeable on the pc. I have been able to email pictures to friends, but can't figure out what the problem is uploading to the site. I was able to put beaver and badger pics up last year after scanning them, but I don't have the same program anymore--bummer.

Denny

·
Registered
601 Posts
frostbite,

Normally you have to go load your pics into paint and resize them to fit in your posts. at least that's what i've had to do--still working out how to figure out which size is right for a post but i'm sure it will come with increased postings. Congrats on your mink!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Frostbite,

Heres how you can resize your pics...

Load your picture into MicroSoft Paint.
On the Paint program toolbar, click on <Image>
Now click on <Stretch / Skew>

Here, you should enter how small you want your new pic,
relative to the original. Make sure you enter the same
value for Horizontal and Vertical, otherwise the aspect
ratio of your pic will distorted (stretched out).

For me an my camera, I use a value of 35% for Horizonal
and 35% for Vertical. You'll have to find out what works
right for you.

Now, save the image as a .jpg format and use a new filename
so that you dont overwrite the original pic.

Now upload the new pic to the web (M-S.com or any other site)
and put the url in your post, between the
tags.

-NC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts