Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok might be a dumb question
How do you set up a mineral station? Like how to prepare the soil ect... And should I combine different minerals?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Not legal to do so right now unless it's within the specified distance of a residence, check the recreational viewing regulations. After Oct. 1st you can legally put it out in other areas but deer tend to stop using minerals much after the velvet starts to drop.

What has worked best for me was to mix crystallized softener salt with Purina Antler Max 2:3 ratio and then rake it into the dirt in a 10 foot circle. You can also add other trace minerals if you want. No actual evidence that deer benefit from minerals but it does work as an attractant for getting pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Not legal to do so right now unless it's within the specified distance of a residence, check the recreational viewing regulations. After Oct. 1st you can legally put it out in other areas but deer tend to stop using minerals much after the velvet starts to drop.

What has worked best for me was to mix crystallized softener salt with Purina Antler Max 2:3 ratio and then rake it into the dirt in a 10 foot circle. You can also add other trace minerals if you want. No actual evidence that deer benefit from minerals but it does work as an attractant for getting pictures.
Yo. Welcome back dog face:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts