Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the recent events ,we will not be able to fish Miller Marina starting Friday December 19. I was there today and talked to one of the managers. I guess between a woman drowning there and yesterdays accident the management and their insurance agent thought it was prudent to close this wonderful fishing spot. You can still park at blossom heath and walk around when the ice is thick enough.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yeah here ya go
Taken from the WXYZ website:

ST. CLAIR SHORES, Mich. -- U.S. Coast Guard Station St. Clair Shores rescued a 66-year-old male ice fisherman who fell off of a dock into waste-deep water one-half mile from the station near Miller Marina Tuesday afaternoon.

"He was cold and wet, having trouble pulling himself out, so I got in the water and lifted his legs," said Boatswain's Mate 2nd Class John Milan.

Milan and two of his crewmembers slid the man's legs in a thermal capsule and wrapped him in blankets to prevent hypothermia.

Apparently, the man fell in the water from the dock after ice fishing and had been in the water for about 15 minutes. He had the station's number programmed in his cell phone, so he called the station for help

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
his buddies said he was walking too close to the docks. those areas do not freeze very well. I guess some lady either jumped in or walked off a dock and drowned earlier this year. It sure is going to put a damper on the fishing!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Because of the recent events ,we will not be able to fish Miller Marina starting Friday December 19. I was there today and talked to one of the managers. I guess between a woman drowning there and yesterdays accident the management and their insurance agent thought it was prudent to close this wonderful fishing spot. You can still park at blossom heath and walk around when the ice is thick enough.
yup!! you can no guard and just park and walk the board walk to the ice and go south. but when there is better ice park, at the same spot,and walk north first cove on left is a really good spot when there is good ice. dave

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
No offense intended but,could someone intrepret the above post? I think I need to re-boot my brain!!!:lol:
Sly:coolgleam

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
No offense intended but,could someone intrepret the above post? I think I need to re-boot my brain!!!:lol:
Sly:coolgleam
let me do this one for you mark. for you out of towners YES you can park
there. (USUALLEY) they ask for a park pass, but as i stated there is no guard.
there is good fishing EARLY ice, just trying to help other icefishing people

out. sorry im not as intellagent as you.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
No offence meant,Dave. I just had a long day and couldn't get my brain around it. Sorry.
Sly

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you have a 2008 sticker will they let you in?
I park my boat there in the summer.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I got no problem at Deckers but no one has drown there in a while either!:SHOCKED:
Sly:16suspect

1 - 11 of 11 Posts