Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been hunting Midland County for several years now... Sanford/Midland area. Just curious if anyone else is that way and what your experience has been. I have managed to stay clear of a lot hunters. I have a climber so I move around a lot. Unfortunately, I have not been seeing very many deer, but not to suggest there aren't any deer. I am still working on my hunting skills. I often hear of people saying that they see deer every hunt. That would be a dream come true for me. I may see deer come thru 1 out 5 hunts. :( Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's a big difference between hunting forested public land and agriculture. I know guys who see lots of deer because of the land that they have access to. Unfortunately, you and I don't have access to those areas. I hunt a lot of Midland County state land. I rarely hunt in the same location...sometimes even the same square mile...from year to year. September is key to finding where the deer are that season. This season there were lots of acorns so narrowing down a food source was more difficult. Right now there is no snow. Go walk and find rubs, scrapes, trails...then check those areas next September and see if there is activity again. I just walked a new area 2 weeks ago and found some good sign. Even better, there was minimal human sign in the area. Deer numbers are decreasing so every year it gets more difficult to find an area to hunt. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts