Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's everyone's thoughts on how good out bad the middle zone opener will be? We will be hunting just south of the bridge again this year guy we hunt with that lives up there days he's not seeing many birds at all. Going we get some good weather but forecast is calling for beach weather

·
Registered
535 Posts
I saw more birds (wood ducks) this past weekend than I have seen in the previous two years. Im hoping they are all still around on the 3rd.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Spending the weekend up at Rifle River State game area to get a few early days in prior to the southern opener on the 10th. We will be up there 8-11th staying in a cabin. First time up there so hopefully that area will be holding some birds. OP good luck up there. I have a lot of buddies in the Harbor/Petoskey/Mackinaw area that waterfowl hunt, as that's where I grew up. They are pretty bummed with what they've been seeing thus far around those neck of the woods. Still got time for the weather to change though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea we will be cheboygan and normally field hunt for ducks and geese but this year are bringing the boat just in case we have to hit the water

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yea we camp too. Didn't check the forecast before we went last year and man did I freeze my butt off. Had jeans and a sweatshirt lol

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Spending the weekend up at Rifle River State game area to get a few early days in prior to the southern opener on the 10th. We will be up there 8-11th staying in a cabin. First time up there so hopefully that area will be holding some birds. OP good luck up there. I have a lot of buddies in the Harbor/Petoskey/Mackinaw area that waterfowl hunt, as that's where I grew up. They are pretty bummed with what they've been seeing thus far around those neck of the woods. Still got time for the weather to change though.
Ill be in the area. Grew up a few miles from there. Fun area to hunt.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If it's anything like early goose I'm super excited. Had consistent flocks of 20-50 landing in the decoys the entire weekend. Also have a nice little flooded timber hole holding a few hundred. Our buddy who leases the land says things are looking good still.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it's anything like early goose I'm super excited. Had consistent flocks of 20-50 landing in the decoys the entire weekend. Also have a nice little flooded timber hole holding a few hundred. Our buddy who leases the land says things are looking good still.
Well I'm glad to hear someone has the birds lol I might just pack the fishing rods lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is very true jerry after this week I'm gonna need my mini vacation

1 - 20 of 34 Posts