Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michigan_hunter scored on his first bear tonight. Not a monster but he got his first one. shot it a little past 6 pm. p.s. shot on the same stand as the fisher pics earlier posted.

He still hasn't posted pics so he can tell ya the story.

·
Banned
189 Posts
awesome brother, great work, what was he around 200 lbs?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i no he is going to weigh it but i am not with him now. he thinks 140 dressed but i said it was that big, but who knows. not sure when he will be back on this site to post. forgot to say it was a male.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thank you and i will tell the story when i wake up just got back from the check station in strongs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This season has been kind of frustrating. I owe a big thanks to Philly cheese, Up Mounty and another cuz. I gave them general locations where I wanted to hunt while I was gone on vacation. They went out scouted the areas and set up some baits. A couple days later I got a call that the baits were getting hit. About a week later I got back and set up cameras hoping to get times and pics. Well that didn’t work, they would stop coming in. So when I pulled the camera out, they would come back. Then of course I was getting a little pissed off. I started to think the guys were messing with me. So I went out and set up two stands for me and a camera man. The first few day of season we sat and never seen a thing but got winded or spotted. They were popping there jaws like crazy. Now I was getting even more frustrated. The next couple of days I went out by myself and still nothing at all. I went back out Tuesday set up another stand over that was further back from the other two- hoping to trick them or something. I also set the camera back up. On Wednesday I went out checked the camera had several different bears in through out the night. I had Philly cheese with me he baited as I got in my stand. Couple hours later I seen some movement south of the other two stand. The bear came in looked up to see if I was in the other tree and took off. Now I was ready to give up. About 10 min later I see another bear east of the bait. He two came under the tree and looked up then took off behind the bait and stopped. Then he started to circle the bait and stopped broadside reached forward and I let him have it. Of course the first person I called was my wife so she would stop thinking I was wasting time and money. Then I called the other guys to come help recover the bear.
When the guys got there we went to the bait and couldn’t find any blood at all. Now I second guessing my self. We started doing little sweeps and finally found blood about 100 yards from the bait track it another 50 yards or so and there he lade dead in the creek.
That’s the story of my first bear and good luck to all
Ps I’m going to pull my camera today I hope to have pics of the bear as I shot him if so I will post later.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you left out the part of someone(me :) and another guy) hearing a death moan that led to the bear......

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
you left out the part of someone(me :) and another guy) hearing a death moan that led to the bear......
And you left out the part about the three of you eating more donuts than the bears did. That "death moan" was probably Dennis after eating too many of them. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts