Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most important things we can do as Michigan hunters is to get the youth out there hunting, and keep them hunting. During the youth hunt two big 8's hit the dirt and these kids are hooked. Hunts like this don't always happen this way! Regardless the size of the deer, it's more important to have them out there enjoying everything the outdoors provides....which is MUCH better than video games!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Awesome, thanks for posting. If you listen to it, you can hear the mentoring being instilled even after it already was discussed prior to the kill. If you really listen the youth hunter is not the only one shaking or excited. What any video misses is the true joy those with the youth hunter actually feel or the excitement they exhibit. I still to this day remember helping a good friend and his son track his sons first buck. After recovery positioning hunter for pictures. The father wanted to take pictures as well. The only problem was, he was shaking so bad, he could not keep the phone still enough to take it.

X2 I agree

One of the most important things we can do as Michigan hunters is to get the youth out there hunting, and keep them hunting.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Yes its a great weekend, i enjoy taking my 3 sons, this year will be my oldest last youth hunt. It will be sad when my youngest is too old as well but we still have all season to enjoy hunting!! Its just fun watching them grow each year as individuals and hunting skills improving,its more gratifying being with them when they shoot there first then getting my own deer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.