Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Have you heard of the wildlife cooperatives program before?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I just joined this forum today. I wanted to leave some information about the Michigan Wildlife Cooperatives Program and hopefully answer some questions.

A wildlife cooperative is a group of like-minded individuals that work collaboratively to manage a wildlife species (or multiple) and it's habitat. This program is funded by Michigan DNR, Pheasants Forever and the Quality Deer Management Association and house by Michigan United Conservation Clubs.

There are over 320,000 acres managed under a wildlife cooperative RIGHT NOW that includes 120+ deer cooperatives and 12 pheasant cooperatives.

The Michigan Wildlife Cooperatives program was created to assist in the creation and enhancement of wildlife cooperatives in Michigan. This program is available to provide support through networking individuals, providing resources and information, and assistance to fund habitat work within cooperative properties. If you want to improve habitat, hunting, and neighbor relationships, you are a great candidate for starting up a wildlife cooperative in your area.

Some of the benefits of being involved with a wildlife cooperative is social engagement, landscape-level management, shared resources and a greater access to support.

For more information on the website please click here. I am also happy to answer any questions. This is a fantastic way to meet local hunters and make a huge impact on wildlife habitat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts