Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow sportspeople.

Well these banners have been a pretty big hit. So far I've made 10 of them and have orders for several more at this point.
Since I started with just the white ones I've added a couple of other colors and another style too. I now am offering both styles in white, yellow, and hunter orange. On the white banners I can do the text for the M-S logo and your screen name in ANY color you wish. They don't both have to be the same if you'd like them different that's no problem. On the colored banners however, it works best with a darker colored text because the colors don't show up very well on the colored banners. At this point I think the nicest one that I've done was a yellow banner with a dark gray lettering that had a black drop shadow. It was very sharp !

The original style "banner" is approximately 6" wide and 42" high. It has a pocket sewn into the entire length of one side that is designed to just slide over an antenna mast or any kind of thin rod.

The second style is a "pennant" and is approximately 15" high and 18" long. It too has a pocket sewn into the short edge to slide over a rod or antenna mast.

I'm charging $22 each for the banner or pennant. This price includes shipping. If I don't have to ship it, the cost is $20.
If you order more than one, I'll only charge the $2 shipping on one of the items.
If you'd like to order one, just send me a PM or an email and specify the type of banner, the color you'd like, and the text color. (remember the logo and screen name can be different if you'd like) Be sure to include your shipping address in the order. I'll then respond with the payment address and I'll make up the order and get it right out.

Here is a link to the original thread that has pictures of the different styles and colors available. Sorry for the quality of the pics but they look MUCH better in person than in the pics.

Michigan Sportsman banners

They appear to work very well because one of the members that I sold a banner to last week said he had it flying above his shanty this weekend and was spotted by a couple of other members that came by and said hello. I think this is a great way go get noticed by other members and hopefully recruit NEW members to this wonderful site. A couple of other members have also ordered them to fly from their antenna masts on their boats. What a GREAT idea.

Looking forward to seeing LOTS of these flying over shanties and banners in the near future. :)

See ya in the outdoors !

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Here's mine....I drilled a hole into the end of a piece of 1x1, and attached to spring clips to that. Clips onto the upright of the shanty....

Thanks John

Sorry about the picture size....bigger than I thought they would be

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I got my Banner Thur. LOOKS GOOD!!!! I'll fly it Sun. morning on Higgins. Thanks jpolman. I sent you a ck. on Wen. I have to get with steve an order me a hat next.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I rigged up my pennant banner while out on Saginaw Bay Sat. heard someone comment on it over the radio on channel 1 but they never came over. So they do work. I also know some guys talking on the radio about the wind changed directions, they knew because they were watching my MS flag. It also has got to be a great advertiser for the site.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
COOL !

Great to hear Skeeter. Keep it flying ! Wouldn't it be cool to look in a new members profile and in the slot that asks you you heard abut the site to have it say "From a banner while ice fishing" ? :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
do you have any idea how these would hold up with the wind on a antenna mast on a boat..thinking about getting one and putting it on the antenna mast from my loran that i no longer use..or do you think you would have to take it off every time for road travel...i do lower the antena for that....thanks...bob

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Bob,

I think it would probably hold up pretty well. They're fairly sturdy cotton. I've pretty much double stitched them on all sides and I think they'd be fine on an antenna mast. I know that a couple of other members bought them for the same purpose.

Let me know if you'd like one. I'll make it up and get it right out.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I made up a couple more and sent them out this morning.

Keep an eye out, there are a few of them out there now ! They look real nice too. ;) Join in the fun, get yours today !

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just a quick question John...Would it be possible to make the lettrers a tad smaller on the screen name side and add the boat name also?????....thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Ok John..The weathers getting better and it's time to get the boat out..Ready to order that pennant now...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts