Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start a new thread and let the old one die so here we go please post if you plan on attending and fishing the tournament..............................................................Hello everyone well after our meeting today we all decided on how we will be running the 1st Michigan Sportsman walleye tournament and here goes..

Tournament times run from a hour before dark on saturday June 2nd until 3pm on sunday June 3rd.. The biggest 6 fish for each boat is what you will be able to weigh in for this tournament..

Entry fee is one "NEW" Rapala size #9 or bigger or pencil plug in package per angler for this tournament and there will be a $5.00 per boat for big fish prize if you wanna get in on big fish.. There is a cut off date to enter this tournament and that date is the 25th of may, I must have the new size# 9 or bigger Rapala or pencil plug per angler per boat in my hands by the 25th of May, that also goes for $5.00 per boat big fish money.. Pm me if you wanna enter the tournament and I will give you a address where you can send the entry and big fish money to, this will also help me keep track who is fishing the tournament.. also please include your boat name and crew when you send in your entry fee..

Boundry waters are from the Fire cracker in lake Saint Clair to half mile out into lake Huron and that includes American and Canadian waters this also includes middle north and south channels,,"REMINDER" If you fish in Canadian waters you must kill the fish before you bring them back into the US.. The fish can be alive or dead for weight in, just for the fact that some people will want to fish in Canadian waters and because there will be whippers from the night before..

The weigh in will be done on a picnic table on the seawall at Pepper Joe's Weigh in times will run from 12:00 noon till 3pm on Sunday.. That means all people helping out with this tournament needs to be at Pepper Joe's resturant at noon on Sunday.. Please if you bring your catch to Pepper joe's by car please bring your cooler around back by the seawall and not into the resturant or on the deck..

We are "NOT" going to have a buffet style dinner we decided it would be better to just order off the menu, so I suggest you get there a little early if you wanna eat before the awards or you can eat during the awards it does not matter,The awards will be handed out at 3:30pm..

Boat parking you can park at the sewall at Pepper joe's or you can put your boat on the trailer and leave it at the marina and walk over the pine river bridge to the resturant, it's up to you but dont try and pull your boat to the resturant parking lot because there will be no room.. If you come by car and the parking lot is full at the returant park along the baord walk on the street and walk over it's real close..

Well I think I about coverd it all if you have any questions let me know..One more thing I post pictures of the idtems donated so far.. Cya Slick

PS..The entry fee for anyone that placed 3rd or 38 as a co angler in the FLW tour this past weekend your entry fee goes up 100 fold just so your aware Gilly and Mike, I had to throw that in there guys

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the prizes that have been donated already and there will be a couple more some beef jerky and some items from KD outdoors..
Hunting gloves

Transom boat buckles

Two Abu Garcia C1000s5 spinning reels

two 5 1/2' boat rods

$50.00 Bob Evans gift card

Abu garica jigging rod and a Shakspear Axiom reel

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys but I just found out Friday that I have to leave for out of town on Saturday morning. Good news for me is I am going to Orlando, bad new I do not get to fish this tourney and meet any of you. Anyway, have fun and I will be looking for the results from Orlando.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WALLEYE MIKE said:
Are partime pro's allowed? Me and Gilly might have an unfair advantage.:lol:
Sure part time pro's are allowed it just costs more to enter:lol: Cya Slick

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Anybody lookin for a partner? I can't legally land in the US in my boat, but I could drive over and take part in the tourney on somebody else's boat. I'm no part time pro like Mike or Gilly, but i've caught a fish or two before.:evil: Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Derek I am sure we can find you some one to fish with, Take that back why dont you ask Kevin Houton laker, I am sure he would enjoy your company.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Slick fishing said:
Derek I am sure we can find you some one to fish with, Take that back why dont you ask Kevin Houton laker, I am sure he would enjoy your company.. Cya Slick
Derek, you can always come fish off my boat if you want, that is if Kevin don't take you . Not sure if the boy is coming, he says yes and then no and well we will see what happens. And for that matter the boy might have his boat up there if I can ,make that happen.. but there is room on my boat i am sure. I like to pull wire when we can , and i know that you are starting that, well this is the 2nd year for wire for me and we could learn together. I do like the wire, most Addictive.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
CASTMASTER 5000 said:
Anybody lookin for a partner? I can't legally land in the US in my boat, but I could drive over and take part in the tourney on somebody else's boat. I'm no part time pro like Mike or Gilly, but i've caught a fish or two before.:evil: Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
I d be glad to have you come with me but I will be the first to admit that I have not spent nearly enough time on the SCR to know many hot spots. But if you want to get together and show me how to jig I will be glad to show you how to pull wire.
Your call, but I think It might be fun! And I can put you up overnight as long as you don't have a problem with my wifes cats!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Brent, I have some stuff to donate to the tourney. I will have it with me at the LSCWA meeting Wednesday. Al

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
WOW! Multiple offers first day. Gonna have to do rock, paper, scisors to decide who to fish with now.:lol: Just so you guys know...I have never been on the SCR. I know the lake (St. Clair) very well though. Good thing the tourney's not tomorrow. Decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My son and I are looking to tag along with someone if anyone has room for a couple of extra fisherman

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I am sure that there is going to be room somewhere for you and your boy..as far as Derek's ..Gonna have to do rock, paper, scisors to decide who to fish with now..you have time and i dont really know the SCR as well as I should, but I catch fish there more then the DR. and I fish the DR. what ever is fine with me.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is another prize that was donated by one of our members for the tournament..

Guys I know we have a little time before the tournament yet but if you get with me and you can send your entry fee and big fish money to me nice and gradually and not all at the last minute:lol: that would be great.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some more donated items from one of our members thanks again I apperciate them all.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
gilly, I am wiling to give up my half of cbb to walleyemike, for this one only.

p.s. mike, you can fish in my place and be a member of cbb.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
tubejig said:
gilly, I am wiling to give up my half of cbb to walleyemike, for this one only.

p.s. mike, you can fish in my place and be a member of cbb.
Thats very generous of you Ken:D I'm sure Gilly will have a good time with his new partner!!!:D :lol: :lol: :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts