Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Slamco got a little TV time tonight on Michigan Outdoors. I always have wanted to see one in action. Great design Matt!

We'll probably have a big flood of new faces around here soon with the mention of michigan-sportsman on Michigan Outdoors tonight.

They had great ice fishing stories tonight, but I though the perch spearing was a little odd... the whole time I was thinking... why spear it??? Then after I saw the guy keep pulling the hook out of the mouths of all of those perch, I knew why he had to stab em'!

Just kidding, I had to razz the guy. I think hes a michigan sportsman person also.

I wish we could tie into so many nice perch over here on the West side.

Tight lines to all.
Casey

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The only bad thing is they said michigansportsman. com. Most people won't know to put a hyphen in between michigan and sportsman. Without the hyphen it takes you to another site.

·
Administrator
35,726 Posts
The only bad thing is they said michigansportsman. com. Most people won't know to put a hyphen in between michigan and sportsman. Without the hyphen it takes you to another site.
Exactly. Besides the people already on the internet will find the site. The people who only watch TV and don't do the net thing won't come here anyway.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good show.. I've never speared anything through the ice, least of all perch... But after seeing that, I definitely have an itch! The slammer's looked cool, too. I like the idea of fighting a pike with a good old 5 1/2 foot rod.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments guys. Gonna have the Slammers out at Hartshorn Marina on Muskegon Lake to do a little "road-fishin'" in the morning for pike (if it's not puring rain). I'd like to get INTO some fish yet this winter - as you saw from the show, steelhead fishing has been SLOW where we were at that day. Heard the ice was "iffy" at Pentwater Lake and I don't feel like catching other people's stuff on White Lake. Any word about Manistee or East Lake??

www.slammertipup.com

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just came from White lake! Slow as usual. BE CAREFULL!!! Ice is really bad in the mouth area. One fall through before light today. After light I can see why. All the holes people have been fishing have opened right up from the current. With the rain today and the warmer temps ice(in this area) will be gone soon. One fish landed all morning.
uniborn

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
"Pat LaPorte-EXPERT GAFFER!!!" ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Great job guys that steelhead fighting had me on the edge of my seat and my co-workers said, " Man fishn is in your blood!":cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts