Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone notice on last thursdays TV program that 4 out of 5 deer shown being tagged in the U.P. segment were being tagged illegally? In southern Mich. where I hunt I've heard that CO's ticket people that tag deer as shown. I e-mailed the show, but no responce yet. The segment showing the buck pole in southern Mich. showed most of the bucks tagged legally. The rules state to use string or wire to fasten tag to deer, not as shown on TV. Just my observation

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I don't know how they tagged them, but on page 11 of the rule book. all it states is "that the tag has to be attached in a manner that the tag remains securely attached to the animal."

It is recomended that you use a tag backing and string so the DNR can scan the bar code on the tag if you bring it to a check station. But it is not manditory

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Thunderhead said:
I can be draggin the deer with the tag attached to the rope and I'm legal.
infact, this is recommened if dragging through thick, swamp area's! You might just rip the tag off, if tagged on the body of the deer.

·
Registered
817 Posts
rope or string?? huh never thought of that , I've been having a hard time getting the staples to stay put. hell I went through a lot of duck tape last year, :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts