Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey long range shooters where in Michigan can I shoot 1000 and up on a range. Im tired of doing it on farmfields. I know you can target shoot on stateland I called them they said as long as you have a backstop but they didn't define a backstop and they seemed perplexed how to answer the longrange shooting question maybe I should ask more people but anyways anyone know of good shooting places where the people don't want membership fees and such.:confused:

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
Two, I believe. One in Grayling (National Guard) and one in Lake City ($250 annual membership). I understand you don't want to pay for a membership but, what exactly do you mean by "and such."?

Any 1000 yard range in the country is going to charge for usage. I've only been to two of them: one new one in Georgia that had a daily fee and a State run one in Phoenix that had a daily fee/

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I understand they will charge im not looking to commit to a membership first before [email protected] the range. Fee would be fine for the day and ( such) goes to the membership rules to be left undefined because theres stuck up people about rules of memberships not that they don't have the rite I just wanna know where theres a show up pay shoot range or free for that matter.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
depending where you live my range may be closer...

Youngs longshot
http://www.youngslongshot.com/range_info.html
They have steel at 25,50,75 for hand gun/rimfire and 100,150 and then every 100 yards with a few at the half way marks past 500 out to 1000. Almost every need you might have is available, spotting scopes, crono, sand bags, mats, paper target, drinks, paint, some food and a 4x4... heated building to shoot from or if your like me you can shoot outside in the weather from realistic positions you'll find your self in at matches or hunting. I am sure there is more I am forgetting but you get the idea. 1st year is 300, 2nd is 200. You can go to the range for a day for 30 bucks. NRA membership is required.

Great people and in the heart of Amish country so watch out for buggies... its about a 2.5 hour round trip to the range and home but well worth it... and we have members coming from Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, as well as Michigan.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I didn't realize Young's had a day rate. I may have to pay them a visit.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Midland has a long range I think it's to 1k... also AP Goodrich in Ithaca, that is 600 but I think it is what you are looking for in cost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I didn't realize Young's had a day rate. I may have to pay them a visit.
Call Deb at 260-350-2835 to be sure before you make the trip, its been a while since I did that. But she allowed me to do that prior to joining, many years ago. I know as a member I can bring a guest and its 30 dollars for the day.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
midlands range is a 600
cleew is correct lake city mtc has a 1000

best opportunity to shoot without joining is to shoot a competition at either. both have comps open to the public for a fee.

I believe mtc may be $125 just for that so your not saving much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts