Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Those of you giving home time reports are you first timers or renewers? That makes a huge difference. Renewing is much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You are correct first timer was first thing they said after covid. Im being patient i understand a couple guys told me they waited months their first time even before Armageddon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its a new 1st time but i do have paperwork from state police saying after 45 days you are good with receipt and dl. Sad thing is i asked several cops i bumped into about it and most werent aware of 45 day rule could get ugly during traffic stop.
That is correct. On the 45th day, you can carry concealed, WITH your receipt from having your prints taken.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have heard from more than one reputable source including a recently retired chief of police that 45 days from your fingerprints taken , you can legally carry as long as you have that receipt and the certificate from the completed cpl course

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have heard from more than one reputable source including a recently retired chief of police that 45 days from your fingerprints taken , you can legally carry as long as you have that receipt and the certificate from the completed cpl course

While that police chief is correct, it is still NOT advisable to take legal advice from LEO. You do NOT need to carry anything stating you completed a CPL course. ALL you need is the receipt from your finger prints. AFTER 45 days, you can carry with that receipt.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The statement “This receipt was issued for the purpose of applying for a CPL. As provided in section 5b of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425(b), if a license or notice of statutory disqualification is not issued within 45 days after the date this receipt was issued, this receipt shall serve as a CPL for the individual named in the receipt when carried with an official state issued driver’s license or personal identification card. The receipt is valid as a license until a license or notice of statutory disqualification is issued by the county clerk. This receipt does not exempt the individual named in the receipt from complying with all applicable laws for the purchases of

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wow so after all this time got fingerprinted july 8th leaving 100 messages no response. Making 2 appointments would have bypassed 1 year fingerprint receipt valid. I finally got thru calling every 10 min from 8 to 9am. The clerk tells me it was mailed august 20th must have ended up in the river with all the trump votes smh WHAT? I will mail you another one .Wayne county is so unbelievable im speechless!!!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So if its not floating in the river some dirtbag is walking around with it in his wallet? Gotta love wayne county!!!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
It’s best for us to be fully aware of our laws on our own and NOT rely on the po po to interpret the law. Especially gun laws. Cops get those wrong.
A lot.
Had my own run around with local popo up at the cabin and shooting on my property. Had to get my local state rep involved to explain how the law worked.
They usually interpet the law as to what they want the law to be or what the law ought to be, in their mind.

Go to youtube and look at some of those 1A audit 'interactions'. They readily admit no law is being broken and then they as "Do you have ID??" For what. You havent stopped that motorist there and asked him for ID, Why me??

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well figured you guys would get a kick out of this. 30 days after my second cpl didnt show up i got a rain day so started calling every 20 min at 8am. At 1030 finally got a guy on the phone and after a little back and forth i drove 12 minutes to the office and picked up my cpl almost 9 months from fingerprint date. So if your waiting dont call call call they wont do you any favors in wayne county!!!

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Well figured you guys would get a kick out of this. 30 days after my second cpl didnt show up i got a rain day so started calling every 20 min at 8am. At 1030 finally got a guy on the phone and after a little back and forth i drove 12 minutes to the office and picked up my cpl almost 9 months from fingerprint date. So if your waiting dont call call call they wont do you any favors in wayne county!!!
What ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Wayne county clerk said they mailed my cpl aug 20th never got. Feb 26th never got. So i told them i live 12 min away im going to come get it and just like that i got it. Was fingerprinted july 7th smh

21 - 40 of 41 Posts