Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
While it is terribly sad, it is also awe inspiring at the same time. Two lives bonded so close together in life. It isn't the first time such things have happened. Spouses dying within a few days of each other. Elderly parents hanging on right up to the moment that a last child arrives at their bedside. I can't help but believe that a loving God couldn't allow this couple to be separated.

I also applaud their daughter who said in the article that their obituaries listed COVID-19 as the cause of death in the hopes that it would help spread the very real danger of this virus.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm worried about that happening with my grandparents as my grandma is barely hanging on and the docs said she won't make it out. My grandpa also has covid. They've been married 64 years. I'm afraid when she goes he won't be long after.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I'm worried about that happening with my grandparents as my grandma is barely hanging on and the docs said she won't make it out. My grandpa also has covid. They've been married 64 years. I'm afraid when she goes he won't be long after.
Man, that sucks

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. 64 years together is an incredible span. The worst part of this damn virus is the fact that family can't gather to say their farewells.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah I would go there if I didn't have a wife and kids. I'm high risk but if were just me I'd be with him. My grandma wasn't the nicest person but my grandpa on the other hand would bs with anyone and have a beer with anyone. Always tells stories of the railroad as he worked in Dearborn for the railroad from like the age of 18 until just a couple years ago

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
My Grandma and Grandpa were married 62 years when Grandma died from complications from diabetes. Grandpa died three months later from a broken heart.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Sisk said she wishes her parents had a different outcome in their illness, and, though her family hadn't always taken it as seriously as they do now, stressed the importance of wearing a mask to not spread the virus to others.
People didn't take it seriously and they paid the price.

Sad that the daughter had to lose her parents to finally decide to start caring.

I wonder how much she wished she cared before they passed and if she had gone that extra length that they may be around for just one more holiday or even spring or summer.

But I imagine it's like that with the people that don't get it, they don't want to do their part but then someone close passes and it takes that for them to wake up.

The time to stress the importance of hygiene and wearing a mask is before loved ones pass not after...........

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I was thinking the opposite. Looking from the perspective of the married couple, the best time to die would be at the same time as your loved one. The hardest thing to do is outlive them by 20 years, especially if you outlive all your family members.
I actually know a guy that not only out lived his wife,but also has out lived his children.Seems almost like a curse.

·
Premium Member
15,928 Posts
In the end, we're all going to die of something.
Recently I have wondered how much control we really have of it.
As I age I am planning a lot of remote Alaska trips with the hopes that a wild animal rips me to shreds and eats me. That's my plans for leaving this Earth.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
As I age I am planning a lot of remote Alaska trips with the hopes that a wild animal rips me to shreds and eats me. That's my plans for leaving this Earth.
That is one hell of a way to go. Although, the whole eaten alive doesnt sound too appealing. Hopefully, I can get one of those custom grunt calls first.

·
Registered
19,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like you could accomplish the same ending in the UP. Would save your family some time and travel expense of flying to Alaska to pick up your wallet and boots.
I would also get one of those Gopro cameras that go around your head for easy filming so you can save the memory for your loved ones. Filming for a reality TV program is another possibilty.

L & O

1 - 20 of 33 Posts