Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoy the time with your dad I miss mine died too young...
This is my second season. I took dad out on one hunt last year to see if he would like it and this year he got a license and has got the bug for sure. Cant stop looking in the air for anything flying. Before this we were always avid deer hunters. The addiction is real! I wish I would have had someone in the family to start me out at a young age. Im glad we have a good part of our lives to still hunt together though.

·
Registered
931 Posts
They are in the freezer going to be made into jerky.
Just to let you know we harvest a ton of these birds. Wash them thoroughly to remove all blood, trim the fat off. They taste as good as other ducks if treated properly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you know we harvest a ton of these birds. Wash them thoroughly to remove all blood, trim the fat off. They taste as good as other ducks if treated properly.
I agree with your statement. I ate many of them last year, however this year with the amount of teal and Mallards we were able to harvest we decided to save them for the grill and make the divers into jerky.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I agree with your statement. I ate many of them last year, however this year with the amount of teal and Mallards we were able to harvest we decided to save them for the grill and make the divers into jerky.
What's going on in Sanford? Are you still filming? I would think the lake bed would make for good snowmobiling...

·
Registered
931 Posts
What's going on in Sanford? Are you still filming? I would think the lake bed would make for good snowmobiling...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im always filming :) Lots of progress going on. You can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/jordanmowbray
As far as snowmobiling, I think there are more people doing this north of Edenville. I see lots of hockey rinks being made as well :)
I will have a 24/7 live feed setup in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Im always filming :) Lots of progress going on. You can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/jordanmowbray
As far as snowmobiling, I think there are more people doing this north of Edenville. I see lots of hockey rinks being made as well :)
I will have a 24/7 live feed setup in the next few weeks.
You should consider doing drone flyovers of ice fishing shantytowns, such as Anchor Bay, Tip Up Town, etc. There is a huge contingent of iceheads on this site that would probably dig it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts