Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mich-Ohio Sport Fishing Expo is coming up Feb 7&8 @ The Monroe Expo Center on the Monroe county Fair grounds. It looks like this will be one of the best yet. Tom O has lined up some of the best seminar speakers yet. The price is still only $5 to get in parking is free and kids under 12 get in free. For all the information on the show go to www.huronvalley.org still one of the best bargains out there. I hope to see you there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It will be my first seminar and in a Foreign Country to boot......hahaha

I am looking forward to this show, meeting a lot of new people and sharing information on the Erie Perch I so much enjoy fishing.

Drop by and fill out a draw ticket for a free 4 person weekday charter.

BD

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I will be there Saturday. Dave what time is you seminar?

Skinner 2
aka Miss Adventure II

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Went to the show today...cost me a few bucks.....geeeeeesh. Listen to Ed S. talk about river fishing. He did a real nice job. They had to kick us out of the room, that's how long we kept the conversation going with Ed. Nice Job.

2nd year in a row I sat through the Reel Naughty presentation. Those guys did a great job again! Really appreciated the nice color maps and fishing presentation information they passed out. Always good to here about, and see and touch the tackle being used.

And lastly, stayed for "Big Dave" telling us about Long Point. For his first big time speaking engagement (started out a little nervous) he sure warmed up fast (I was the inquisitive one sitting by the door). He made it sound tooooo easy to pick a limit of some nice perch. Not sure about launching your own boat and heading out 18 miles to the fishing grounds though! But, if you can produce catches like he has been doing the past few years, it may be worth a trip in your own boat or with him on his.

Marty

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the kind word Marty.

It was a good day, I met a lot of people and the show was well put together.

It is running again tomorrow so if you get a chance come to the show and say Hi,

Big Dave

A BIG thanks to Dave, Kim and Richard for the good company and taking us to dinner.

Cant wait to fish!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for the kind word Marty.

It was a good day, I met a lot of people and the show was well put together.

It is running again tomorrow so if you get a chance come to the show and say Hi,

Big Dave

A BIG thanks to Dave, Kim and Richard for the good company and taking us to dinner.

Cant wait to fish!

Your welcome Dave!!! We had a great time with you an Renee. You did a great job on your presentation. We can't wait to get out and catch some jumbo perch this summer well at least some of us LOL!

See you in a couple weeks at the Cabala's fishing expo in Dundee.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Decent show (the 3rd one I've attended), but...I was disappointed to see so many "home improvement" vendors set up at such a small venue. I counted three different companies selling acrylic bathtub liners and one company selling shingles. I'm sure the table/booth space wasn't that expensive, it would have been nice to see those spaces filled up with more walleye tackle vendors or local baitshops.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I went to the show with Bubbalouie. It was nice to meet Mark Romanack and thanks to him for answering so many questions. I finally purchased 2 offshore boards with flags. I told Mark, I'm tired of trying to use 80's presentations and not catching many fish. He said that's the biggest thing is that i recognized that I needed to change it up. And of course it was nice to see and talk to Captain Jay. What a classy guy! He should rename his boat to "The Limiter".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decent show (the 3rd one I've attended), but...I was disappointed to see so many "home improvement" vendors set up at such a small venue. I counted three different companies selling acrylic bathtub liners and one company selling shingles. I'm sure the table/booth space wasn't that expensive, it would have been nice to see those spaces filled up with more walleye tackle vendors or local baitshops.
Believe me we would rather have more fishing related vendors. We try but can't get them to come why I don't have a clue. What we charge the vendors for space is not much compared to the other shows. I would figure it would be worth there while if for no other reason but to get there name out there. I would also like to thank everyone who did come out to the show and showing your support for the show and our club.

·
Registered
202 Posts
On behalf of the Huron Valley Sportfishing Club I'd like to thank everyone that came out to support us this weekend. Putting together a project of this magnitude is a challenge even though we are one of the smaller shows, so it really is rewarding to have our peers endorse and appreciate the end result. Hope you guys all have a great and safe year on the water this season, and thanks again.

Dennis

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to give a shout out to Ronnie for trying to do a seminar with a pinched nerve, and fighting through it without pain killers. :bowdown:

The info was great and I took lots of notes. Ill definitely be going back next year.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Believe me we would rather have more fishing related vendors. We try but can't get them to come why I don't have a clue. What we charge the vendors for space is not much compared to the other shows. I would figure it would be worth there while if for no other reason but to get there name out there. I would also like to thank everyone who did come out to the show and showing your support for the show and our club.[/Q
you guys should have a used tackle section were people can sell fishing items they don't use anymore...I went to one over by grand rapids couple years ago and sold a lot of stuff, but their more into salmon over there... walleye stuff would sell good over here...I've been trying to find a place this year around se mich or nw oh. with no luck...I know HVSC had one in the fall around Trenton but couldn't make that one...makes sense unless the vendors selling new stuff would balk at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts