Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has an ice report on "far south" Michigan lakes. (The chain...Irish Hills...Little Long, etc.) What I've heard about border lakes is that the warming hasn't done real damage with still 10+" of ice. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,514 Posts
That is correct, ice is still very good. Was out last night in "the chain" and still over a foot...

·
Registered
420 Posts
i just went monday on indian lake in central ohio and we've still got 9-10 inches of ice on--the top is soft but still have good clear ice underneath-- the saugeyes are a little sluggish but managed 2 nice eaters 16-17 in. long-- c'mon open water!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm surprised about the Indian Lake ice.

I was in Lima over the weekend (I live just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan now) visiting my ill father-in-law and the ice around there had open water on the edges - a lot of open water on the edges. Well, at least it seemed that way to me.

Went to St. Mary's Lake on Sunday morning to check it out and there was no one on the ice and it did not look at all safe to me. On the otherhand, I called a fishing buddy on Sunday morning and his wife said he was fishing. I couldn't imagine where and wondered if he was visiting a girlfriend :D, now I know where he was, he chases those Saugeye all the time.

Len

1 - 4 of 4 Posts