Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice, thanks for the posts.

If you don't mind sharing, did you wrap a cross-cut strip or use a dubbing loop for the fur?

I been using dubbing loops with rabbit a lot lately, there's tons of applications for it.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I think fancy mice are sold to buyers and not fishermen. I hate fishing at night (all the hooks in trees and my back started to be a pain......literally). Mice and other night patterns are about wake, size, silouette and color (probably in that order). No need for eyes, ears and whiskers when fishing.

Another fine creation.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Looks good.
What is the hook you are tying that on?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Day,

Thanks guys! Agreed, no need to get ultra fancy. These are designed for utility, not looks. ;-) Yes, the rabbit is cross cut and the hook... 1/0 straight Aberdeen. A Daiichi 2461 would be equivalent. Back to the lab... ;-)

Steelie

·
Registered
37 Posts

One of my favorites the Slap Rat for Hubbare and Outfitters North

·
Premium Member
16,231 Posts
That sure beats spinning and clipping deer hair. I aggree about ears and eyes i just do a silouette out of deer hair with a rawhide tail. Its all about slap and wake. I'll have to try some foam ones some time.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That sure beats spinning and clipping deer hair. I aggree about ears and eyes i just do a silouette out of deer hair with a rawhide tail. Its all about slap and wake. I'll have to try some foam ones some time.
IDK,I am a sap for the old traditional spundeer hair mouse. I guess its just one of those things I dont mind doin.caught my biggest on a deer hair mouse several years ago and every time I sit down to tie up some rats, I think about that certain pool on that hot june night!!!:DMakes the job of spinning and clipping a lot more fun.

·
Premium Member
16,231 Posts
IDK,I am a sap for the old traditional spundeer hair mouse. I guess its just one of those things I dont mind doin.caught my biggest on a deer hair mouse several years ago and every time I sit down to tie up some rats, I think about that certain pool on that hot june night!!!:DMakes the job of spinning and clipping a lot more fun.
Yah i love thinking about mr big when im spinning and clipping but once i finish up 5 or 6 of them i look like i slept with my dog for a week. Deer fuzz and hair all over my pjs.:yikes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts