Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This deer season the MI DNR was notified that there were several poaching problems in an area of Montcalm County. Legitimate concerns were voiced to them and nothing was done. They were given pictures of deer posted to social media of 3 different bucks, shot by the same person, in one season. a different person also shot 3 bucks this season and was turned in. Again, nothing was done.

It's very discouraging to know that even with picture evidence that they still can't/won't do anything about poaching. In my opinion, the MI DNR is just a bunch of license checkers. I'm tired of doing things by the book only to watch scum get away with whatever they want due to inept law enforcement. I understand that a CO has a huge area to patrol, but when hunters call upon you to do your job, do everything you can do to help them. People are losing their faith in our DNR and the only ones who are losing are the law abiding hunters and fishermen.

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
Have you made a follow up call ? Have you ever been able to talk with a CO that is assigned to Montcalm Co. ?

L & O

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not make a follow up call, but the CO was given the pictures in person. This has really been bothering me and I finally decided to post this. It's very frustrating when there's nothing you can do about poaching, but sit back and watch it happen.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
All three are from 1:11- 1:18 pm. 1 is in a building, 1 is a pic with no snow and 1 is a pic with snow. We don't even know the state they were killed in, let alone the time. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
Also wondering if all deer were taken in Michigan. It does seem odd that DNR wouldn't give you some feedback.

L & O

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All 3 bucks were shot in Michigan. There are posts and pictures with dates on them. The same guy in all of the pictures. The first 2 deer appear to be untagged.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They knew where he lived and were supposedly trying to catch him off guard. I guess unless you're caught with all 3 deer at the same time then nothing can be done.

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
All 3 bucks were shot in Michigan.
Not trying to be difficult, the reason you know for sure all are Michigan deer ? Seems like such a stupid thing to do that no one would do it. I agree very serious charge. I hope you press the issue with the DNR.

L & O

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
They knew where he lived and were supposedly trying to catch him off guard. I guess unless you're caught with all 3 deer at the same time then nothing can be done.
That would be a good thing instead of pictures proving you guilty. They need real evidence I would think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trust me, it's the same guy in all 3 pictures. I know they were all shot in Michigan because I obviously know these people.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I say this guy is a troll, that first pic is obviously photoshopped, or else that guy has the biggest head in the world. Even the deer head in that pic looks photoshopped

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Welcome to Montcalm Co. !
Guy must not be a local to wait so late in the season.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.