Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HIT THE ICE EARLY TODAY....

NOT MUCH LUCK.. 6 KEEPERS BY 930 AM
ALL ON MINNES AND GLOW SPOON
BIGGEST 13 INCHES.
NO LITTLE FISH AT ALL..
TO COLD TO KEEP MOVING AROUND .....
any buddy do any good....

p.s looking to find a good fishing friend new to the area...

a week of bad fishing is still better then no fishing at all....

·
Premium Member
18,469 Posts
Welcome aboard Get The Net !

If it's fishin' buddies you're looking for, you've come to the right place. There are a great bunch of people here that are willing to help out with info. Keep an eye on our "Outings forum" and attend one sometime. They're fun even if the fish don't cooperate. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live in Tayloar but grew up at 25 and romeo plank. I have the equipment for ice fishing but no knowledge of it. Would appreciate tagging along. New to the forum but as jpollman stated, I think this is the place for me. Hope some guys or gals are willing to show some of us the ropes. I've seen a few posts of people asking the same humbling question on here. I really don't care if I'm just washing hooks out there. Just want to start utilizing my equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I live in Tayloar but grew up at 25 and romeo plank. I have the equipment for ice fishing but no knowledge of it. Would appreciate tagging along. New to the forum but as jpollman stated, I think this is the place for me. Hope some guys or gals are willing to show some of us the ropes. I've seen a few posts of people asking the same humbling question on here. I really don't care if I'm just washing hooks out there. Just want to start utilizing my equipment.
Welcome to the site. FYI your replying to a 17 year old thread. Have to pay attention as this site had a new update and old threads are popping up all over the place. 😎

·
Registered
156 Posts
Will def have some getting used to for awhile. And yes all "related threads" at bottom of the page are years and years ago.
Agree....be careful of the “recommended reading” section at the bottom of each thread. I guess I don’t like change cause I don’t care for the new format. Guess it’s going to take some time to get used to it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Agree....be careful of the “recommended reading” section at the bottom of each thread. I guess I don’t like change cause I don’t care for the new format. Guess it’s going to take some time to get used to it.
I really dislike this new format , The other one was MUCH easier to navigate. I have been trying to get back in for two weeks and NOT sure how I got in this time. Could someone give me directions on how to do this easier ? PLEASE !!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I really dislike this new format , The other one was MUCH easier to navigate. I have been trying to get back in for two weeks and NOT sure how I got in this time. Could someone give me directions on how to do this easier ? PLEASE !!
The only thing that I found help me out is to click on the five white horizontal bars to the left of my initial on the upper left of the page I am on. This will bring up the FORUMS for me. I then go down the list in the forums, and pick out what I want to see, such as "ice fishing". Then once I click on that, I click again on Lake St. Clair and St Clair River, (or Detroit River, Lake Erie, etc.) then I will see the reports / post form others that I was looking for. You can also see hunting, warm water fishing, etc, and other forums to pick from. Hope this helps you out a bit. I really like the old way better too, but that is only because we have to learn the new way, I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The only thing that I found help me out is to click on the five white horizontal bars to the left of my initial on the upper left of the page I am on. This will bring up the FORUMS for me. I then go down the list in the forums, and pick out what I want to see, such as "ice fishing". Then once I click on that, I click again on Lake St. Clair and St Clair River, (or Detroit River, Lake Erie, etc.) then I will see the reports / post form others that I was looking for. You can also see hunting, warm water fishing, etc, and other forums to pick from. Hope this helps you out a bit. I really like the old way better too, but that is only because we have to learn the new way, I'm sure.
New forum blows,but I'm back. Lol

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
New format works great.
When you scroll down past the thread and comment section you then see the recommended reading threads.These are the old threads so don't comment on or read them and all is good.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nobody likes change, but not all that bad to navigate IMO. Maybe “recommended reading” feature will get smarter/improve with time. I do however miss the Ohub Campfire app....

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
these old post can really screw people that are coming from long ways away and don’t notice the post is old.drive for hour or two and find no ice crazy
New format works great.
When you scroll down past the thread and comment section you then see the recommended reading threads.These are the old threads so don't comment on or read them and all is good.
The new format working great is a matter of opinion. I didn't find it all that difficult but thats me and I'm one of those boomers somebody said wouldn't be able to adjust just because I'm old. As for the old threads, the quote from retired dundo is spot on for someone who isn't familiar with the new format. Theres one from JPollman from around 2004 I think and it states how informative and helpful people at this site are. That was true back then. IMO not so much now. If you dare go against the grain in most threads, people come down on you like an avalanche on skiers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts