Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out at 745 am got 35 perch went home with 12 big ones 10,5-12 inchers was in 5 foot of water could only see bottom with a brite color ,god bless my vexlar;) not a lot of snow on the ice cleats are helpful wind was blowing ice was 4.5-6 inches did quit at 11 am .got a monster rockbass first I seen him was thinking its a small mouth bass :dizzy: used kenspoons and raps .my heads up to the guys out there on the buckets :dizzy::dizzy: be back sunday good luck and be safe , stay warm if you can. TaTa

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Good report Peter. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was out at Daysail today. Had a blast A LOT of fish caught some real nice ones. 5-8 fow. left there went to Genos hit some nice gills but not much for good perch a lot of dinks as well there. good day all in all. good luck everyone.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Nice job on dem perchies Peter.

Hoping to head over to the day sail later today for the afternoon bite.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
64 Posts

Went to the marina by Genos. Hit alotta nice gills,crappie, and a couple perch. After a while we headed out to the lake. Caught one nice perch. Did get any more after that. Water was really cloudy and we kept landing in heavy weeds. O and we tried for crappie for a couple hours after dark in the marina. Didn't have any luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have never fished Metro Beach and have a few question:
1) Does the regular DNR State Park sticker get you in or do you need some other permit for the metroparks?
2) Is the entrance open early AM or is it gated entrance, by certain hours only.
3) I see from the Google map that there is parking at the boat launch and also parking near the marina canals. Where is the best spot to start for perch?
4) SANG is not too far away - which is easier to fish if you are on foot with a bucket?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Out at ginos since 10. Murky water, 5-6 ft visibility. 8" of ice 200 yards out. Packs of aggressive dinks coming through. Two 8"+ keepers between two guys in 4 fow. Parking lot 1/3 full it's cold.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
203 Posts
You need a seperate pass for Metro parks. $30 for the year or I think $5 or $7 daily. If you go there look for the day sail/jet ski launch it is right on the lake (easy walking). Selfridge or sang is a DNR launch and you are good with the recreation passport also not a bad walk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Went to selfridge fished the canals caught 1 7 inch perch then nothing until 3 hours later in a different area caught tons of tiny ones. Heading out tomorrow just gotta decide where to go....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Went to the marina by Genos. Hit alotta nice gills,crappie, and a couple perch. After a while we headed out to the lake. Caught one nice perch. Did get any more after that. Water was really cloudy and we kept landing in heavy weeds. O and we tried for crappie for a couple hours after dark in the marina. Didn't have any luck.

Man, you must have been on a good pocket of them or be a lot better fisherman than I am because I sure haven't had much action in there yesterday and this AM lol. I bounced around, switched colors, presentations, rod actions, and still had a hard time picking up on any active schools.

We were the first ones in there yesterday around 8am which was a little surprising and today, I got out there around 7:20 and there were only 2 guys before me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We went out around 11 ish. We got them on a small small black and grey bug lookin jig with waxworms. Dead stick with little action about a foot off bottom. Spikes hit to but not as good. They slowed down an hour before dark

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hit metro this morning, it was good to get out for first trip. Easily caught over 100 fish, too bad most were 5 inches. Hit most in the morning on a jigging rap and late morning they were hitting on an orange teardrop with 1 spike. 6 ft of water and caught at all depths of the water column.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I could see the jig on the bottom at 6 ft, but it seemed to get worse as the day went on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ginos, lots of action but a lot of dinks. Patiently waiting for jumbos. Be out tomorrow lots of action.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 23 Posts