Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im an idiot

boat is still in water at south end of wyandotte. motor wouldnt run in water so i took it home, got new plugs and fuel dryer. itll kick over but die so i was starting it in gear and then throttling up a bit once it turned and itll run at that higher idle. is it just the cold that probaly making it run only at a high idle or is something wrong? need to get the boat out like yesterday but if i dont get this figured out i might have to lift it out up the sea wall.

thanks tony

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
It sounds carburatorish. If you are still having trouble you can bring it by the shop in wyandotte & I will take a look see for you. We are not busy & I wouldnt charge for a diagnosis. Let me know if we can help.

regards jeff

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It sounds carburatorish. If you are still having trouble you can bring it by the shop in wyandotte & I will take a look see for you. We are not busy & I wouldnt charge for a diagnosis. Let me know if we can help.

regards jeff
Hey Jeff - How long have you been working on outboards? I might need to have the "detent" replace on my 20 hp. Merc. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Seafoam........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts