Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been up here since the 19th and man has it been tough havent seen many deer during hunting hours thats for sure all trail cams are popping 730pm-330am every night. Havent heard the yotes or wolves nor many shots so idk whats going on anyone else around here seeing or doin any good?

-Robert

·
Premium Member
15,485 Posts
Where about are you in Menominee county. I’m seeing deer but nothing to shoot yet.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Over 3,000 deer kills have been registered during the gun season so far in Menominee Co. Only 2 SLP counties have more kills reported. Over 4,000 reported since mid-September.
Maybe your area isn't that great, but overall Menominee is one of the top counties in the state for filling tags.

L & O

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I hunt mid county area and saw more deer this year than I have since the mid 90s, unbelievable numbers. I only hunted 4 afternoons and one morning, missed opening, second, and fourth mornings, but saw maybe 50 deer total. That was about a third of the total number seen by 5 hunters scattered over 160 acres. The other four guys hunted both mornings and evenings to come up with their totals.

If you only started hunting the 19th, were the deer harassed the first four days? If public land they most certainly were and if private, they probably were no matter what the landowner said. If he was not hunting them, the neighbors around him surely were. Harassed deer go nocturnal PDQ.

My take on seeing deer is very much like seeing ducks: Whether or not the season was good or bad depends on which blind you happen to be in. FM

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More deer on camera in a long time have cams at all 4 blinds and its private property and we got here on the 19th no one hunted it before hand. In the summer we had 35 deer in the field every evening. Must be pressure due to stateland bordering us. I know the #s are up. There all just coming out at night around us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts